“Friendly Place”

Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendly Place”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I am in Winston-Salem visiting family for the holidays. I stayed at this location last year and they were doing renovations. I wasn't sure how things were going to turn out because it was kind of a mess. I am glad to report that they have done a great job. The rooms have been upgraded. The rooms look good, they changed to plasma televisions. The breakfast has even been upgraded. The people that work here were the same as last year. They are a great group, friendly, and helpful. I am enjoying my stay. I will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: Anything near the pool. Second floor has balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nannette t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I am staying at the Quality Inn in Winston Salem for the next couple of weeks because of work. I must say that this is a very comfortable place to stay. The bed is better than the one at home. I work in construction, so I am pretty tired when I get off work, and it is great to come in and have a clean room. The bathroom is cleaned everyday. I have fresh towels. I know that it is the staff's job to keep things clean, but they really do a good job. The price is right, free cable, wi-fi, and free breakfast, what more can you ask for. Usually I hate staying in hotels, but this place really is great.

Room Tip: The back building is away from the road and is quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I came to Winston-Salem to visit a friend, and went online to book a room. I read some reviews that said this location was okay. When I checked in the lady at the front desk was really sweert. She gave me a map of the area and told me great places to eat other than your regular chain restaurants. I checked into my room and found that it was quaint and very clean. Before I commit to staying anywhere I check everything. Everything was in order. The room had a mini fridge and microwave which was very convenient. The price was great compared to the other hotels that I saw online. This place has everything you need at a reasonable price. I can't say enought about the price. I really had a great experience at this Quality Inn location. My stay was better than okay and I would definitely stay again. I would also recommend to other friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I have been staying at the Quality Inn for 3 weeks now, because I had an apartment fire. The Red Cross sent me here because they give displaced people like myself a discounted rate. After the Red Cross stopped paying for my room, they kept my rate the same. They know that I am in a difficult position, and they have been wonderful. I can't say enough about the staff and the owners. Not only is this a clean place to stay, they are very family friendly. I don't currently have a place of my own yet, but the staff makes me feel at home. I just wanted to say this is a great place to stay, even if it is by choice.

Room Tip: The rooms in second building, close to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Marion
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This hotel has the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. I wanted to take the mattress with me. I had a nice stay. I shopped around before I settled on this location, One of the hotels I checked out before I checked in to the Quality Inn was across the street, and the price was twice as much. I didn't want to pay that much for one night, I chose the Quality, and I was glad I did. The staff was very professional, the room was clean and the bed was awesome. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Any bed will be great, because of the beds
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Will A
Brevard, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed at this location last year, and the property was under renovations,so I was weary about staying here again. Ended up staying a couple of days ago and I was pleasantly surprised. The grounds were really kept. The front desk staff was friendly. The rooms were clean and alot nicer than before. New televisions and upgraded microwaves and refridgerators, Clean pool and area. The best part of the room was the bed. Slept good. For a continental breakfast it was great.Great price for a clean place to stay. Sometimes it pays to try a place again before you grade it.

Room Tip: If you need a place where location, price, and cleanliness, this the place is great
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Several problems with this hotel. When we were there, the ice machine in our building didn't work, I didn't see any vending machines that were stocked (the ones I saw were all empty) and the plumbing was very confusing (the shower actually scalded my wife). Most disappointing was a credit card charge for $40 that appeared on our card a few days after our stay. According to the hotel, this was because of 'damage' to a bedspread (that we didn't even use!) At first, it seemed I was given the run-around when I called the hotel, and no one ever returned my calls. When I finally discussed this charge with the owner/manager, he asked if it was 'possible' that we somehow damaged the bedspread accidentally, implying that they could not have made an error. When I insisted that the charge be removed because we had not used the spread and could not have damaged it, he first claimed he "couldn't", then ultimately said that he "refused". In my opinion, it is places like this that bring dishonor and shame to the hotel industry in general.

Room Tip: My opinion? There are other places in the area to stay. Don't stay here! And if you find that...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
qualityinnuniversity, Webmaster at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn University Winston Salem, NC for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Maintenance staff received additional training in seeing to it that all appliances are kept in proper working order.

• Maintenance staff was instructed to look into the matter of vending machine and Shower reported in the room to which you were first assigned and see to it that these amenities are well stocked

I hope that the next time you visit in our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn University Winston Salem, NC. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.