“The Best In Town”

Quality Inn University
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
“The Best In Town”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and the people are nice the best hotel in winston-salem. The room are nice and clean. If your in town you need to stay here. Price is good But need to lower prices back were thay were at $54.99 and $59.99

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ohio
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stay at this particular Quality Inn every year we pass through W/S enroute to the beach. I have lots of stories, but they all end well. If I have a concern, I politely voice it to the front desk personnel and they accomodate. Yelling and shouting doesn't work as I witnessed with the party before me. This is not meant to be anything but a nice, clean place to get a good night's rest after battling the interstate craziness, and then enjoy a complimentary breakfast before heading out. Construction phase is over. Head up the road and find chain restaurants and stores to entertain yourself. I am always pleased at the great discount deals I find for a 1 night stay. I always mention that I have stayed in previous years, and I think they like the fact that I am a repeat visitor. Give it a try.

Room Tip: They always put me in the same area towards the back. Maybe it has to do with how I book.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I have stayed there just for 3 nights, for the business purposes just perfect. Very comfort beds, clean.Breakfast could be better... no variety at all...otherwise all is really ok for this money. recommended

Room Tip: I got 240, twin bed, very nice, no problem
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank olgacuzo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel on a short business trip. The rate was so much lower than surrounding hotels that I was suspicious. I didn't need to be. I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. This is an older property but is in very good condition. Rooms have been recently remodeled, the grounds are well maintained and the breakfast area is spotless and well-supplied.

Check in was very quick and the clerk was friendly and professional. This will be my "home" on future trips to Winston-Salem.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I am in Winston-Salem visiting family for the holidays. I stayed at this location last year and they were doing renovations. I wasn't sure how things were going to turn out because it was kind of a mess. I am glad to report that they have done a great job. The rooms have been upgraded. The rooms look good, they changed to plasma televisions. The breakfast has even been upgraded. The people that work here were the same as last year. They are a great group, friendly, and helpful. I am enjoying my stay. I will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: Anything near the pool. Second floor has balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nannette t
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I am staying at the Quality Inn in Winston Salem for the next couple of weeks because of work. I must say that this is a very comfortable place to stay. The bed is better than the one at home. I work in construction, so I am pretty tired when I get off work, and it is great to come in and have a clean room. The bathroom is cleaned everyday. I have fresh towels. I know that it is the staff's job to keep things clean, but they really do a good job. The price is right, free cable, wi-fi, and free breakfast, what more can you ask for. Usually I hate staying in hotels, but this place really is great.

Room Tip: The back building is away from the road and is quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I came to Winston-Salem to visit a friend, and went online to book a room. I read some reviews that said this location was okay. When I checked in the lady at the front desk was really sweert. She gave me a map of the area and told me great places to eat other than your regular chain restaurants. I checked into my room and found that it was quaint and very clean. Before I commit to staying anywhere I check everything. Everything was in order. The room had a mini fridge and microwave which was very convenient. The price was great compared to the other hotels that I saw online. This place has everything you need at a reasonable price. I can't say enought about the price. I really had a great experience at this Quality Inn location. My stay was better than okay and I would definitely stay again. I would also recommend to other friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends