Quality Inn & Suites Hanes Mall
Brookstown Inn(Winston Salem)
US$169
US$164
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
US$85
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winston-Salem(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
US$85
La Quinta
All reviewsroom was cleanhanes mallthe hotel is pet friendlywafflesstaff was friendly and helpfulgreat place to stayvery nice stayonly stayed one nightdecent hotelwould stay againoutdoor poolenjoyed my stayhospitalmicrowavecerealjacuzzifaucet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Very nice place to stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicey decorated, very clean and the beds were so comfortable. The continental breakfast was very good. We will be staying here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Arrived late at night, our room was next to a stairwell that was full of broken chairs, buckets, etc. When we pulled back the bedding there was a bug of some sort. I did not see anymore bugs, and being 2 am did not feel like changing rooms. Mistake. I am literally covered in small bug bites, (at least 30), and I have to deduce that they must have been bedbugs, to small for me to notice. This has happened before in my earlier days when all I could afford was flea bags, but for $90 a night I think they could call an exterminator once in awhile. Front staff was not aware of this since my bites where not evident until later that day. Otherwise the staff was fine, just beware of bugs!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gavo1961
anthonyhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2008

Thank you so much for staying with us. We deeply regret your expierence. Bed bugs have been an epidemic in the U.S. the past few years. We regulary treat the property by an outside exterminator for any and all types of bug species. However, bed bugs are known as the traveling bug. They tend to come from guests who travel frequently in hotels. The bugs are transferred in luggage. As of today there is no known prevention.

We have completley renovated the rooms that were infected. We have only had two cases on property. Please be aware that bed bugs are not a sign of cleanliness. Other hotels in the area have been infected, names well known, and you can find their reviews on trip advisor.

I hope that when you stay in Winston Salem that you will give us another opportunity. Our number goal is your satisfaction.

As always, thanks for traveling.

Wishing you safe travels,

Reviewed 7 July 2008

The front desk host was very helpful and even gave me written directions to a resteraunt. The room was very clean and nice. The bathroom was a little on the older side, but everything worked and was clean. I was really happy with the bed linens, which were incredibly comfortable. Also, breakfast was great and my child and I enjoyed making waffles the next morning! The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was that the room opened directly to the outside, but the parking lot was well lit so I felt more secure with that. Overall, I was very pleased with the affordable pricing and cleanliness.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
anthonyhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2008

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We see lots of folks from all over the country and around the world. The whole staff is committed to excellence and we really appreciate hearing about a job well done. Our location is as you discovered, an exterior entrance property. However, we do take every precaution for our guests. We are in a white collar neighborhood, down the street from a large mall, and two major hospitals. We take safety seriously and we are glad you felt comfortable during your visit. I will send your warm comments to our executive housekeeper. She will be thrilled you had such an enjoyable visit. We hope you will come back soon. Be sure to say hello.

Wishing you and your family Safe Travels!

Reviewed 6 April 2008

We were going to a wedding in the Winston-Salem area, and so we chose to stay just outside the city at this hotel. Due to a problem with our flight, we ended up arriving several hours before check-in, but the hotel was nice enough to find and prep a room for us so we could settle in. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean & comfortable. There was a free continental breakfast on the weekend which had a full spread of pasteries, bagels, juice, coffee, cereal, oatmeal, and waffles. The hotel serves a hot breakfast (also free) during the week but we didn't get to experience that. Convenient acess to the freeway and overall a great stay. Would stay here again if traveling to the area!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank BTCompKSU

It was nice to have you as our guest. Its always a pleasure to hear great responses about are hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our free breakfast. In fact, since you last visited we really improved our breakfast expierence. Besides the Make Your Own Belgium Waffles we now offer complimentary yogurts, fresh fruit cups, and boiled eggs. When you are traveling back through I would recommend you try the hot breakfast. ;)

We are sorry to hear your internet was not working properly. We recently had a new system installed that I am sure you will benefit from in the future. The new system brings faster internet connections throughout the hotel.

Either case, we really appreciate your comments and we hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Have a great summer!

Reviewed 29 March 2008

Held our 25th Anniversary in WS and booked hotel for ourselves and 5 others. All complained about the stay. Hotel under rennovation-did not disclose at booking. Rooms were smoking after requesting non-smoking. Rooms dirty-floor filthy with toe nail clippings on floor. Airconditioner made noise. Worst experience ever for this cost. Breakfast area dirty. Front desk not empowered to offer anything. Called corporate they did nothing and were rude.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family