“Good Lodging”

Quality Inn & Suites Hanes Mall
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 17 November 2008

For the price it was very adequate and reasonable lodging. The staff was helpful, the room was clean, the location was fantastic, the place was very quiet with an excellent continental breakfast. I had a positive experience and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
anthonyhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2009

Awesome! Thanks for your kind words. Our goal is safe, clean, comfortable and friendly accommodations. As you mentioned our location is great. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast. We are currently implementing a new breakfast program that will be even better. The New Q Corner Cafe should open for Breakfast in October, 2009. We recently renovated and added two room suites with Jacuzzi tubs. Even Honeymooners have found a friend in Quality Inn and Suites Hanes Mall.

Thanks Again for your review!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 5 November 2008

Okay, so I had to stay at this same hotel, booked by my company two weeks after I wrote my first review. I was not pleased but was willing to give them another chance. The first problem began when I was put into a smoking room when my reservation clearly stated non-smoking. I was told that they could move me but it wouldn't be until the next night because they were already booked up. I stayed here for 2 nights total this time. The smell of stale smoke in the room was atrocious, the shower had a broken wall that you could see down to the the drywall, there was paint in the tub as if someone had washed it off and it didn't go down the drain, the chairs were stained, the lamps didn't work or were not plugged in, not to mention the same horrible internet connection. There was even a router on the floor in a jumbled pile or wires and cables but it was not working. There was no menu on the television in which to rent movies like our room two weeks ago had. There was no construction this time but the room for $75 paid for by my company was not worth the hassle. Next business trip to Winston-Salem, I'll be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I stayed at the Quality Inn for one night while attending a conference in Winston-Salem. I needed a basic, affordable place to sleep and shower, nothing more, and this hotel fit my needs. The bed was amply comfortable, all facilities in working order, nice desk. Didn't use the TV. Drink machine around the corner worked fine. Even though the hotel was one of the all-exterior types, there was little noise from the parking lot (not enough to bother me).

Also, the hotel had free wireless, which I found very helpful. I paid considerably more to stay at a fancy Marriott elsewhere, and that hotel charged me an extra $13 per day for internet use. It was nice to be at an affordable, reliable hotel that didn't try to nickel and dime me on all the expected amenities.

The receptionist was exceedingly friendly, helpful, and efficient. Also, I found the hotel's location very convenient for getting around the city by car as needed, with extremely easy access to the Silas Creek Parkway and I-40.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2008

Wow! We had expected to get exactly what we paid for, and at $32.00 per night, we didn't expect much. We reserved two rooms for six nights and the four of us were very pleased with our accomodations. The rooms were immaculate. All bedding was clean and without stains. No dust, rust, tears or bugs in either room. I personally did request that a new shower curtain be put in our room and within 1/2 hour it was changed. The rooms were cleaned beautifully each day. Breakfast was included for this unbelievable price and was just what we needed. Waffles, cereal, cold eggs, yogurt, juices, bagels, pastry, coffee, hot chocolate and tea were available each morning and staff made sure low items were re-stocked. The pool was clean and private from the road. The exercise room was new and inviting (especially after breakfast). Day staff was pleasant and very welcoming. Overnight staff was not as friendly or helpful. We had been at a wedding and got lost on the way back to the hotel so we called for help. The staff had no idea where we were and instead of looking up directions on the computer he just said, "I can't help you." We would stay at this hotel for $70.00 per night and we are real bargin hunters. This hotel far exceeded our expectations. One thing to remember is that this is a motor inn which means that the doors open from the outside. Not a problem because this is a safe area. The mall and many stores/restaurants are located within a few minutes as are all major routes. Great stay! Thanks Quality Inn.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Very nice place to stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicey decorated, very clean and the beds were so comfortable. The continental breakfast was very good. We will be staying here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Arrived late at night, our room was next to a stairwell that was full of broken chairs, buckets, etc. When we pulled back the bedding there was a bug of some sort. I did not see anymore bugs, and being 2 am did not feel like changing rooms. Mistake. I am literally covered in small bug bites, (at least 30), and I have to deduce that they must have been bedbugs, to small for me to notice. This has happened before in my earlier days when all I could afford was flea bags, but for $90 a night I think they could call an exterminator once in awhile. Front staff was not aware of this since my bites where not evident until later that day. Otherwise the staff was fine, just beware of bugs!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gavo1961
anthonyhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2008

Thank you so much for staying with us. We deeply regret your expierence. Bed bugs have been an epidemic in the U.S. the past few years. We regulary treat the property by an outside exterminator for any and all types of bug species. However, bed bugs are known as the traveling bug. They tend to come from guests who travel frequently in hotels. The bugs are transferred in luggage. As of today there is no known prevention.

We have completley renovated the rooms that were infected. We have only had two cases on property. Please be aware that bed bugs are not a sign of cleanliness. Other hotels in the area have been infected, names well known, and you can find their reviews on trip advisor.

I hope that when you stay in Winston Salem that you will give us another opportunity. Our number goal is your satisfaction.

As always, thanks for traveling.

Wishing you safe travels,

Reviewed 7 July 2008

The front desk host was very helpful and even gave me written directions to a resteraunt. The room was very clean and nice. The bathroom was a little on the older side, but everything worked and was clean. I was really happy with the bed linens, which were incredibly comfortable. Also, breakfast was great and my child and I enjoyed making waffles the next morning! The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was that the room opened directly to the outside, but the parking lot was well lit so I felt more secure with that. Overall, I was very pleased with the affordable pricing and cleanliness.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
anthonyhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2008

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We see lots of folks from all over the country and around the world. The whole staff is committed to excellence and we really appreciate hearing about a job well done. Our location is as you discovered, an exterior entrance property. However, we do take every precaution for our guests. We are in a white collar neighborhood, down the street from a large mall, and two major hospitals. We take safety seriously and we are glad you felt comfortable during your visit. I will send your warm comments to our executive housekeeper. She will be thrilled you had such an enjoyable visit. We hope you will come back soon. Be sure to say hello.

Wishing you and your family Safe Travels!