“Do Not Stay Here At All”
Review of Travelers Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winston Salem
Travelers Inn
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
“Do Not Stay Here At All”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

This is the worst motel in winston salem rooms are not clean you do not feel safe here people out side doing drugs and stuff please stay away not in good place not keep up just bad un cleaned rooms. not nice people here next to strip club.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank beachman2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I have stayed for months at this hotel (6+!) and have never had a SINGLE problem. They have camera monitoring 24/7; they have recently installed steel plates in every door for added security and already had deadbolts. This is a family owned and operated business and they are wonderful people. Staying here ended up being like neighbors in an apartment with a Neighborhood Watch more than anything else. The building shows some age - no idea when it was built - but is being repaired and is excellent for the price and location. Although the "Club Risque" shares a parking lot, I've NEVER even heard if they play music it is so quiet, and there has not been a SINGLE INCIDENT anywhere around here for my entire stay. I hear more noise from the Kryspy Kreme drive through than anything else. =) I was able to walk everywhere I wanted to go and didn't need a vehicle. The Hampton Inn, a major Chevrolet dealership, numerous restaurants, laundry-mat, Sams, Walmart, Lowes Food, Lowes Hardware, etc. are ALL less than a 1/2 mile away, so that should tell you about the neighborhood. I felt completely safe everywhere I walked no matter what time of night I was out for my job and would go so far as tell my wife or daughter to stay here if she were alone because I would not fret for either of them.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor, close to the office, but stayed long enough that I'd know if there...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank EvlMcgyver
CA
Reviewed 2 July 2009

I just stay at the Kings Inn, on University, not to long ago with my family. The owners there make you feel right at home. They provided us with everything and anything we asked for. I even told them, i would go see them, if i'm in town again. I came here back in 2000, and stayed for months at a time, and the guy Sam, was my buddy. He unfortuntely passed away, so i learned on my recent visit. He was a great person, and so friendly. God bless his soul and his family!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
cary
Reviewed 13 January 2009

i enjoyed my stay at this motel. This hotel is very close to highway so you don't have get stuck in traffic. I would give 4 out of 5 to management service, and they cleaned my room every day. Management staff was very friendly and it was really easy to check in and check out with very reasonable cost. I would definitely book my room there again in future.

• Liked — cleaness, staff services
  • Disliked — nothing much.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Raleigh
Reviewed 18 May 2008

DO NOT rent a room from this hotel...sure it's cheep, but when you get inside there's cockroaches everywhere. After you bring the problem to their attention, how do they fix it?? They don't offer you another room, they send the "maintenance" guy over with a can of raid. Nor do they offer you your money back so that you can go stay somewhere decent, even after you request it. And after you complain they try and kick you out. HORRIBLE night...spend a little extra and stay somewhere without cockroaches and with a little customer service (This place has NONE!!)

• Liked — Nothing!!!
  • Disliked — The non-existent customer service and the cockroaches!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kalehning