“Embassy - Winston-Salem”

Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Cedar Rapids, United States
“Embassy - Winston-Salem”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was a very nice place to stay for business! Staff were very pleasant and accommodating! The rooms are big and spacious. Breakfast was great and offerred a wide variety. The valet staff was super nice and friendly. They made you feel very comfortable and made sure you got where you needed to. They also offerred advice on where to visit while in town.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Randy R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem. I am glad you were able to experience our wonderful staff, our hotel and surrounding area. We hope you can visit us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Cleveland Ohio
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a good option for travelers who want to stay downtown W/S. Suites are large typical of ES. Bath was enormous. The lobby and bar area was not quite as inviting as the Marriott next door. The E/S has a cocktail hour reception every evening and all guests get two drinks and a snack each night from 5-7PM. Then in the same area they serve breakfast each morning. Rooms have flat screen TV's, small kitchenette a little dining table and a fold out sofa. None of the furniture was all that comfortable but that's the way these things are.
The light by the bed was difficult to work. I had to call for help. It works off a dimmer switch but the light was a low voltage lamp and doesn't work on dimmers. It was kind of strange. The place needs a small amount of updating but the property is well cared for.

Room Tip: I would have preferred a king bed over two doubles
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem. I am glad you were able to experience what our rooms have to offer. Great to see you were able to enjoy the evening reception and breakfast as well. We are excited that we are currently completing the guest corridor renovations which help make the hotel sparkle.
Raeford, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel annually for years and have always been satisfied with the facilities, amenities and the friendly staff. The location is within a few minutes dirve to everything you need in Winston-Salem.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem. I am glad you are able to continue to stay with us. We love having you visit, and hope to see you again real soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My entire family never agreed on anything. We all agreed we will never stay anywhere else but Embassy Suites on vacation. Tremendous emphasis on customer service. The staff was so very nice and accommodating. You are tired. Your family has come from 4 states. You want consideration with the room assignments, comfort, attention, worry-free check-in! We got it all at Embassy Suites.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem. I am glad you were able to visit our wonderful staff, and were able to come in tired and let us make you feel at home. We hope you can visit us again in the future!
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This shabby hotel had good rooms but little else of redeeming value with a garden style atrium that looked more like a ghetto then a welcome place of rest. I would never stay in this hotel again and opt for a fresher alternative.

1 Thank Thomas S
Thank you for your review. I regret that our hotel is not designed in the fashion you would like. We are excited that we are finishing remodeling our guest corridors and have the atrium currently decorated for the holidays.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed one time for business and the suite and staff were really nice. In fact I'm not used to such nice treatment.
The complimentary plus's such as drinks and breakfast were a real treat. That was a nice touch. The nights sleep, which I was put all the way at the end of the hall next to the service staff door, was still a very solid good nights sleep. That's thanks to well thought out room design. So...you get what you pay for. Right?
Clean, well supplied, and spacious. I enjoyed it. Only downer is paying to park either self or valet you got to pay. But it is in the heart of downtown.
Hope my review helps. I recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem. I am glad you were able to experience our wonderful staff. We are please that we have your recommendation to stay here as well. I hope you can visit us again in the future!
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for a conference. Check in went smooth other than the told me the wrong room number. When I came back down, they were so nice and the gentleman said, "I am sorry, it was my mistake, I wrote the wrong number down." Accidents happen and I appreciated the kindness. The room was huge.... Bigger than other Embassy's I have stayed at. The bed was very comfortable.... Very..... Unfortunately, the fire alarm went off at 2:22 in the morning. There were three strobes and alarms in my room. After walking down 7 flights of stairs, we all just stood awkwardly on the street. We eventually made our way to the front of the hotel where 3 fire trucks were. After 20ish minutes, they let us back in. It all was so unorganized. Glad it wasn't a real fire. The bathroom was huge.... 6 children could take ballet classes in it. Now most people love Embassy's for the managers reception and omelettes. They do it the best. Here you have a card and are allowed 2 drinks, it says it is a NC law but other Embassy's in the state do not limit you. The second morning..... No omelettes.... I felt so cheated. Without omelettes, the breakfast was less than average. The lobby was not as stunning as other Embassy's. There were odd areas and the rooms do not look over the over grown plant lobby, the look over an empty space. Overall an ok stay...... Minus the fire alarm, no omelettes, limits on drinks and odd layout..... One thing I did love... I was there for training.... Long hours of training but there was plenty of room to take energizing walks on breaks.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I regret that you experienced some issues during your stay. We are addressing those issues to better serve you and our other guest in the future. We hope you can visit us again in the future.