“Friends Bday Celebration”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Although I stayed here for business, I also stayed an extra night for my friends b-day. The service was wonderful and the bartender was very informative about other places to visit for dinner. Will definitely visit again. If there was one negative, I cut myself on the frame of the bed and although they fixed it, there wasn't an apology or compensation.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon R
Randy R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am disturbed that you we experienced and issue with the bed concerning safety. I am glad we were able to fix issue, but apologize if their was not the appropriate follow up with our staff. You may feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Amazing room and great staff at this hotel. I would definately stay there again. Were loads of great restaurants and bars within 2 blocks. Had a really nice stay. The staff were all super friendly and went out of their way to make certain we had a good stay. The evening happy is nothing good, but it is free.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jejohnsonjr

Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem! I am glad you were able to experience what our hotel and downtown area have to offer. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here one night while on business. Overall, I was quite happy with my stay. Since Winston-Salem isn't exactly a tourist destination, this hotel fills its role as a business stay hotel very well. It falls short from an excellent only because nothing jumped out at me as amazing or memorable. It was definitely a great stay though.

Check-in was solid, but not noteworthy. The valet at first seemed distracted by whatever it was he was playing with on the valet desk, but about 10 seconds after pulling up, he ran over and gave me a good greeting door side. I grabbed my own bag since it was small, but he did open the door and show me to the reception desk, solid work. The desk agent was also courteous and gave me all pertinent information a professional manner.

My room was on the 8th floor. It was a one bedroom suite with a large living room. It was clean and had modern, but not overly new furnishings. My only major complaint is the way the bathroom was set up. There is only one entrance to the bathroom which leads straight into the toilet and shower area. A guest has to pass through both on their way to the sink. This was fine for me by myself, but if a family is staying, it could cause some inconvenience and privacy issues for someone using the facilities while someone else wants to brush their teeth or do their make up.

I did like that the management had a laminated brochure put together listing all my benefits as an HHonors member. It was left along with my complimentary water on the dining table. I thought this was a nice touch although not necessary. It showed that the management appreciates corporate loyalty.

Like most Embassy Suites I've visited, this one serves both breakfast and happy hour drinks and snacks. Breakfast was tasty but not anything to write home about. I would say that the staff was present and kept the buffet stocked and tables cleared.

Happy Hour was also good. Drink quality varied with the various bartenders, but the two I had were both good. Their is a two (free) drink max at happy hour. I didn't test it, so I don't know if you can get away with more. The atmosphere was comfortable. There were plenty of guests and everyone seemed to be chatting and having a good time. The bar tenders were both friendly and provided good service.

I was pleased with my stay. My only major complaint would be with the $160/night price tag. I'm sure that the GM is dynamically pricing and staying competitive, but it just seems out of sync with all the other hotels that were around $100/night on various websites. I paid with points (30,000 Hhonors), so the price didn't sting quite as bad. Valet is also $15/night. I don't know if it is worth it, but I like to test out the systems. The valet service works just fine.

I would stay here again, but only if I could find a better rate. The downtown of Winston-Salem didn't seem worth an extra $60/night versus going a few miles outside of town.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Often we have conventions and demand in the area which will affect rate. Some weeks or weekends we will have relatively low rates. We will always offer 7 days a week our evening reception and full breakfast buffet with items made to order such as omelets each day and night.

We hope for these reasons, you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I love staying at a hotel and seeing the same people year after year. The same front desk clerk, the same valet, the same waiter- it lets me know that that they enjoy their jobs. We visit this hotel once a year for an event at the convention center and we are never disappointed. Excellent hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for reviewing Embassy Suites Winston-Salem. I am pleased that you continue to visit us and glad to see that you have noticed we support a great staff that delivers exceptional service. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our stay in the hotel was great!! Nice comfortable beds and big bathrooms were great. The furniture is a bit dated and stained but the overall appearance of the room was nice. The convention center that DR rented was not enough space for the dancers. They either need to rent a bigger space or find another place that is bigger.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As we are connected to a convention center we offer a enormous amount of meeting space. We hope in the future we will be able to meet all attendees expectations.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The check in and out process was way too long. i asked for a non smoking room and the room reeked of cigerette smoke. no one answered the phone for room service. so i could not order dinner in. this was an awful experience\. the room way too expensive

1  Thank Michael W

Thank you for your review. I am sad to see your experience was well under expectations. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at your convenience.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is fantastic. I stayed in a suite on a business trip. My stay was for 1 night but as soon as I opened the door to my room I wished I had stayed at this hotel my entire trip. The suite was clean and spacious. It felt more like an apartment than a hotel room. Embassy Suites is now my preferred hotel no matter where I travel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Randy R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston - Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for your review of Embassy Suites Winston-Salem! I am glad you were able to visit us and we wish you could have stayed longer as well. We hope you can visit us again in the future!