“EGADS what a bad stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winterville
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“EGADS what a bad stay”
Reviewed 26 April 2008

Went to this hotel for a convention. WOW what a mistake!! First, they screwed up the reservation and gave me the wrong room....a king instead of a double...how embarrassing is that when you arrive with a male employee.
Secondly, the room was filthy, dirty carpet, smelly and looked to be something brown and gooey smeared all over the bathroom ceiling...YUK!! Had to deal with someone in the next room with a loud TV or radio until 5 or 6am....what a BAD BAD stay.

Pay the extra bucks and go somewhere nice!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — the brown gooey nasty lookng stuff smeared all over the bathroom ceiling
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank ImmaAtDaBeach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 19 February 2008

We stayed here for a wrestling match my kids were participating in. It was great. Staff even helped me out with the luggage! The breakfast was definitely more than just continental. Would be staying here every year now

• Liked — The hotel looked brand new
  • Disliked — The smoking smell in the upstairs hallway
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Gocacs
Vicki R, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winterville, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Comfort, Quality and Price, have to be three of the most important things when traveling and THANK YOU for noticing we provide them all. It is so great to hear when a guest is happy and enjoyed the stay. I will share your comments with the team and we hope if you are in the area we will visit us again. Thank you for sharing.

Sudhir Patel
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2007

I would rank this as only adequate compared to other places that I have stayed at in Greenville. 3 out 5 rooms I have stayed at had major problem with the bathtub finishes making it a little scarry to bathe/shower. Every room has had a host of problems such a burned out bulbs, missing fixtures such as alarm clocks, poorly maintained finishes such as paint, and finger prints and other "stuff" on doors. Plus some rooms can be fairly noisy. I've never had these problems at the Quality Inn which is the other ChoiceHotel in Greenville plus its about $20.00 less a night. Summary: looks good from the outside, little disappointed on the inside.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Winterville hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed 28 August 2007

I stay in Comfort Inns almost exclusively when I travel because of the quality of stay and reasonable price. However, this hotel was very disappointing and not representative of what I have come to expect from Comfort Inn. It appears that the ant problem that the previous reviewer had, was not resolved in the past year, despite the "management change" (I tend to believe that review was made by someone affiliated with that particular hotel - the name/initials are very similar to the manager's name of this hotel). There were ants everywhere in the bathroom. I couldn't tell if there were any in the rest of the room, as the carpets were dark and it was not very well lit, and we came in very late in the evening. I also had requested a room with a whirlpool tub, which I received; however, the whirlpool did not work. Again, extremely disappointing, as I had paid a premium for this room, and didn't get even the bare minimum of what I paid for. As we got in so late, I did not voice my concerns until the next morning, but it was unable to be resolved as the front desk personnel could not give a refund, and did not really seem very concerned about my dissatisfaction. He asked me to write a letter to the manager, who "might be in later that day". The breakfast buffet was good, as usual, and otherwise, besides being a bit noisy (which the hotel doesn't have much control over anyway), the room was average - it is an older hotel and otherwise seemed fairly clean, just a bit dated. All in all, however, this hotel is not representative of what I have come to expect from Comfort Inn, and I am currently speaking with the manager and the Choice Hotels customer service center to resolve my problems with this particular stay.

• Liked — Proximity to festival we were attending
  • Disliked — Ant problem, broken whirlpool, customer service
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
CONCORD
Reviewed 9 April 2006

We have stayed at many Comfort Inn/Suite properties but this one ranks in the bottom for care/upkeep. Ants were in the bathroom...bathtub...bath towels...almost everywhere. However we did not see any visible in the sleeping area. In the morning we found that there was very little hot water...low water pressure, and only 2 towels provided for 3 persons. Our stay was brief, from 11:30 pm to 7:00 am therefore we didn't forward our concerns to the management and cannot speak to their handling of these problems. Yet, we have found in the past that this type of problem was rare when staying with this chain of hotels.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterville
Baymont Inn & Suites Greenville
#10 of 21 in Greenville
Hampton Inn Greenville
Hampton Inn Greenville
#1 of 21 in Greenville

Been to Comfort Inn Winterville? Share your experiences!