Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Shell Island Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$207
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$205
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
Blockade Runner Beach Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$241
Silver Gull Motel(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$197
Summer Sands Suites(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$149
US$131
US$168
US$139
US$140
US$146
Homewood
All reviewsoceanic restaurantdirectly across the streetsurf shopgreat locationfrozen custardpackaged muffinspublic accessthe sofa bedbeach placenice private balconycontinental breakfastgreat view of the oceanunits are individually ownedfull kitchenbeach towelsthird floorstay there again
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here week of March 25, 2013. The new manager Taphne was very helpful as was the evening desk crew, and the cleaning crew. This is the second stay for us and I would recommend the hotel highly. The atmosphere is homey and if you want a nice quiet time at the beach, this is a great place to stay. We had sunrise and sunset views of the ocean and the sound. This year they've added a continental breakfast with fresh fruit, Danish, good coffee (better than last year's), fresh milk and cereal. For the price the Sandpeddler is quite a good deal. The internet now works reliably. There's one assigned parking space for each room which is an essential at the beach. We can also recommend the great nearby restaurant, the Oceanic. Overall, we loved our stay at Wrighstville Beach. If you are looking for terrycloth robes and a mint on your pillow this is not the place, but if you want nice clean and friendly then you'll do fine in selecting the Sandpeddler. Thanks!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have an ocean view, although overlooking the restaurant's parking lot. Choose a higher floor for the best view. Good view of Ocean for sunsrise and the Sound for sunset.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CharlesG620
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stay here sometimes when I am visiting my daughter at UNCW. The Sandpeddler is only 15 mins from campus. It is on the quiet end of the island across from the Oceanic restaurant. The units are bright, clean and nicely decorated. Corner units are larger sf, better views, larger balconies and extra windows. Off season prices make it a great place for visiting during the school year. I had a gathering of UNCW parents here and it was fun.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank sue r
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I chose this hotel because of the low prices for being on the beach. When I arrived, the woman at the desk was preoccupied on her phone. When she finally acknowledged me, she was polite but was not very helpful with my questions or concerns. Her cell phone rang constantly and she spent more time looking at who was calling her than she was with me. She never even tried to mute the ringer or silence it in any way. Very annoying. I found out later this was the manager. Very unprofessional. The parking lot looked very empty, and for being what the area considers not seasonal, I expected more attention than what I received. I am not a picky person, but I expect some consideration. I will not stay here again considering the service I received. If they are that inconsiderate of paying guests in the "off season", I do not want to see what it is like in the "busier season". The neighbors in the houses around the hotel were loud and played music until early in the morning. I know this is not the hotels fault, but should be a concern.

This is a great hotel if you are not picky on quality of service, or the room. It is better than you local Motel 8, but lacks considerably compared to other hotels in the area. I loved the area and plan on coming back for a vacation, but I will absolutely be staying in a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank Sierra R
Taphne T, Manager at Sandpeddler Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

I believe this to be a fraudulent review from a previous staff member...I would never ignore a guest and have no record of a guest from Raleigh that would have had this experience...

Reviewed 25 September 2012

found this property in the dark and it turned out quite nice and reasonably priced for off season.
The suite was well furnished, clean, and stocked with all the essentials. It contained a mini kitchen if one wanted to cook some of their meals. The balcony had a small view of both the ocean and the river (I think it was a river). There was a restaurant on the ocean and it was about 100 yds away. There were not many people in the area, the weather was pleasant, and it was very relaxing. Prior to booking this room we had journeyed to a well known chain hotel on the beach and the room was 2x as much as the Sandpeddler. would definitely stay there again. .

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 107 and it was fine - understand each unit is individually owned and so one may not get a good unit if the current owner is not very picky - possibly can ask the front desk to check the unit before booking it. We did get the key before signing on the dotted line.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at the Sandpeddler Aug. 25-29. My husband and I took this vacation with my parents. It was perfect for us. We gave my parents the bedroom and we slept on the pull out couch. It was a very thin mattress but we were fine sleeping on it for four nights. The location of the Sandpeddler is great. It is right in front of the Oceanic. To get to the beach you just have a very short walk across the street. Our view was wonderful. I loved watching all the surfers catch the waves. We stayed in unit 305. It had a larger balcony since it was a corner room. It also had more windows. The unit itself was very outdated but the front desk worker had no problem assisting us when needed. Our first morning we were unable to get the stove to light but he came right up and fixed the problem. He was also very nice, allowing us to keep our chairs in the storage room. Also on the night we planned to go to the Oceanic it was raining. He offered his very own umbrella for us to use on our walk over there! Overall, I would go back here. The price was great for what we got. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay with ocean views, a pool, and a kitchenette, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family