“Nice Place”

Silver Gull Motel
Ocean City, Maryland
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. It was affordable and clean. We had an updated room and the bathroom was really nice. The location is excellent.. right on the beach! Unfortunately, there's no swimming pool. Wrightsville Beach is a nice seaside town, and it's a great place if you are there just for the beach. This hotel is near a few great restaurants. The staff was great and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 28Traveler7777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Middlebury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Was a little disappointed that they didn't have a website, or good pictures of the rooms, but pleasantly surprised. Kinda "old school" but staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean with all needed amenities. View and location were OUTSTANDING. No better place to stay at the beach. Get room 211!

Room Tip: Rooms 211 and 212 walk out deck to beach!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank MichaelLineweber
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Landed here when the HI Resort sold out for a conference I attended in October 2013. The location is ideal for anything you'd want to do while at Wrightsville Beach, on the same circle as Johnny Mercer's pier and just a skip and a jump over the bridge back into Wilmington.

I wasn't sure what to expect with it being a fairly old place and not much to look at from outside; single elevator from the parking level, inside hallways are painted cinder block, zero decor, and indoor/outdoor carpet (looks like a college dorm hallway), but was pleasantly surprised by the room (one of the "remodeled" ones). Nice tile in the bathroom and kitchenette, obviously new bathroom fixtures, exhaust fan. Not sure if the "old" rooms have them, but the "new" one has microwave, stovetop, full-size refrigerator, hair dryer, iron, and ironing board. Bedroom area is quite large, enough space for a rollaway or a couple of sleeping bags on the floor. All rooms have side ocean view.

Parking underneath the building is convenient (free, whereas parking on the circle street is pay meter) but tight with the support posts so take extra care in pulling in and backing out.

Everyone I saw or spoke with at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant. Free espresso / coffee / cappuccino maker in the lobby.

Room Tip: As long as their renovation is still in progress, be sure to ask for a renovated room - worth the fe...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RPinNC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Silver Gull over the 4th of July weekend. I was really happy with our choice! The location is unbeatable-- right on the ocean. The rooms were great! Comfortable bed, flat screen TV, full kitchen with refrigerator and our own balcony. I was really happy with the room amenities. I was expecting your typical beach motel and this definitely exceeded my expectations. Price was great - I was surprised it was so cheap (~$209/ night for the king room we stayed in) If I am ever back in the area, I will definitely stay here again!

My only complaint was the fact that the hotel is located right off the public beach parking lot. When we arrived, we had to wait about 30 minutes just to pull up to the hotel lobby in our car, because the traffic was so backed up in the beach parking lot. This made us reluctant to drive at all during our stay, for fear that we'd have to sit in traffic on our way back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank amacp
Auburn, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

this was a great place to stay right on the beach, me & my husband were on a anniversary trip. the kitchenette and bathroom were newly remolded and looked beautiful the bedroom is older but very clean, both of the maids were very sweet and told us if we needed anything to let them know. the owners were also very kind and helped us find places to eat since we had never been to the area. don't shy away because of the slightly outdated motel exterior it is a excellent place to stay

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cbharris0515
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was very impressed with the staff at the Silver Gull Motel. Their good attitudes gave coupled with the reasonable rates make this motel a very responsible choice when enjoying the beaches and people of Wrightsville Beach.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank RyMiPri
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Have been coming here for years and have walked right past this place never considering staying here till I saw Trip Advisor reviews. We typically stay for a wk and rent a cottage or stay at a hotel in Wilmington for a wkend. Came down on a Tues-Thurs with my 16 yr old daughter and wanted to stay on the beach. Blockade Runner was full (+ 229 per night). Saw Silver Gull reviews and this place is great. $140-170 during the week. Pick the newly renovated rooms for $150 night- great efficiency, sleeps 4, very spacious and clean, full sized frig, microwave, 4 cup coffee pot .Ocean view from all rooms. We stayed on the pier side. Slept well, but will pick other side next time (more privacy and you don't see all the activity -unless you might want it). Staff here are so nice! I did have trouble with Internet connection on my laptop, but not my iPad (could have been my computer.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is a smoking floor and also has beach access from hotel so you don't have to go out th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Been to Silver Gull Motel? Share your experiences!