“Good Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The place was packed . They said 45 minute wait but we are to get chips at the tiny bar area. Once seated the service was very fast but not rushed. It was hectic but worth the wait . Wait staff was very friendly. Would definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Tower 7 Baja Mexican Grill

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I liked that they served Mexican food as well as American food. My kids had tacos and enjoyed them. I ordered the pulled pork which was very good. You get all you can eat chips and salsa. Chips were good but could have used some salt.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was recently in Wrightsville Beach and ate at Tower 7. My wife and I specifically went to the Tower 7 on Monday, June 16, 2014, because of the Special advertised on the Tower 7 Website for Half Price Fajitas on Mondays. The Specials Menu does not have a date on it and does not say it is not valid in the Summer.

When we got the bill, I asked the waitress about the special. The waitress said that Tower 7 was no longer offering the special. I told her that it was on the Tower 7 website and that I wanted to speak with the owner about the issue. The waitress sent the manager over to our table. I explained to the Manager that I had printed out the menu with the half price special and had come to Tower 7 specifically on the Monday for the special. He said that the special is not offered in the summertime. I said to him that he should remove the special from the Tower 7 website if he is not going to honor the special. The response from the manager was that they don't update the website very often. The manager eventually said that he would honor the offer that was on the website but not to come back seeking any of the other Specials that they have on the Specials Menu as the prices are not honored in the summer. He made me feel like he was doing me a favor in honoring the advertised price on the website. I feel that Tower 7 is using a Bait and Switch by advertising a special and then not honoring it. My wife and I would not have gone to Tower 7 if they were not having a special.

The restaurant does not look like a Mexican Restaurant - it is more of a bar that happens to sell Mexican food. The food is good but not any better than other Mexican Restaurants that have more ambiance.

1  Thank steven n
K38BajaGrill, Owner at Tower 7 Baja Mexican Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Steven,
We apologize for the confusion you and your wife encountered. Our website is currently correct under the daily specials tab for Tower 7 since the "local specials" ended on April 15, 2014.
We have never listed the end date on the website for the local specials because we remove the specials from that tab when they are no longer valid; however, since you have kindly pointed this out to us, we will add the end date when the local specials start again this fall so that this confusion doesn't happen to another customer.
Our apologies again and hope you have a wonderful summer in Virginia!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

When I first arrived at the restaurant I didn't know where to enter, there are 3 doors so it was confusing. I waited a few minutes before asking someone to tell me where to check in with the hostess & I was sent to an area with a sign that said "Take Out" (okay). For a Wednesday night the place was very busy but I was seated quickly & my server was very sweet & brought me a generous portion of chips & salsa which was chunky, mildly spicy, good. I ordered the Prickly Pear (yum) they use a sweet & sour mix made daily with fresh squeezed lemon & lime & 100% blue agave tequila-wonderful (no prepackaged mix here). The food was good.
Family friendly place.

1  Thank Tina F
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We love this California Feel! If you like SoCal - Mex then you will love the food and Surfer atmosphere! The bar selection is great too! Our Fav by far - we visit EVERY time we go to WB!!

1  Thank Michelle Y