“Great place for breakfast/brunch!”

Mike & Katy's Causeway Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Went for brunch on a Sunday and loved this place. May not be your usual fancy brunch place, but the food was yummy! Rustic beach place, we had to wait about 10-15 mins for a table. I had a Lump Crab and mozzarella omelet with hash browns and a side order of sausage - everything was very tasty. My daughter had a combo plate: scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon and side of potatoes. We were both happy with our food and certainly were not hungry when we left. Prices were very reasonable. Would go back again!!!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've never gone out of my way to write a restaurant review but I've literally never had such a bad experience as I did when I went to Causeway Cafe. From the moment me and my roommate walked in, we were never even greeted and didn't have anyone take our order until one of the cooks noticed we had been waiting for a while. The cook proceeded to ask one of the waitresses if we had been helped and she responded with "Not yet so I guess I have to" and took our order with a huge attitude. A while later the same waitress yelled across the counter "I was going to finish that before these people walked in." At that point it took every part in us not to just get up and walk out because it was clear that we were not welcomed there. If that wasn't enough, when we went to check out the woman at the counter told us that they didn't accept cards and that we would have to walk down the street to find an ATM (which seems ridiculous that an place that only takes cash doesn't at least have their own ATM). Thankfully it wasn't raining and when we finally got back and paid for our meal, the woman told us to leave a tip there at the counter in a rude tone. With the service we received, I should not have left any tip at all, but I left about 75 cents just to pacify them and regretted it the second I did so because the woman loudly commented "That's all?" I just ignored the comment and walked out and when we were almost to my car, the woman stormed out and yelled at us "You guys need to learn to grow up!" I was beyond shocked that someone would make that much of a rude scene over a tip they obviously didn't even deserve and to be honest, if it weren't for the fact that I was just trying to avoid confrontation and get the hell out of there, they would have had a lot more of a pissed off customer to deal with.
All that being said, I will NEVER go back to this restaurant ever again. The food was only decent and I'm sure I could get the same quality food anywhere else in Wilmington. Horrible place!

1  Thank Emily S
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just saw it from the road, saw some local vehicles and took a chance. Glad I did. Does not look like much but if you like great quality at an affordable price this is the place. Menu has a little bit of everything so everyone in the family should get what they like. Do not let the decor turn you off, it is quaint.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hamburgers were 8 ounces , cooked to perfection , and your choice of a side (not stuck with french fries unless you want them ) Warm, comfortable , homey place. Heard their breakfast was great , we will go back.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have been visiting Wilmington for the past five years, and it was during my last trip that I discovered Causeway Cafe. The service was very good, and the atmosphere exhibited a warm and welcoming feeling. The number one reason that I will definitely return is to have one of their shrimp wraps. I regret that there was something that good, and I didn't know about it.