“Great Food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great local cafe. You can tell that most everyone there knew each other and those that didn't (like us) were made to feel at home. Food was fantastic and very inexpensive. I have (and would recommend) the Cajun Chicken Omelet! - Make sure to have cash or check, no credit cards. Also, dining is only on the inside, they don't sever on the deck which is a shame because it was a beautiful morning and I would have loved to have eaten outside.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Waited an hour with my daughter for breakfast on Mothers Day. The special occasion probably contributed to the long wait, but the outside porch area offered a nice place to sit talk while we waited. There was also free coffee available on the porch to those waiting. Once we were seated we received quick service. Our server was very busy & did a good job considering the crowded restaurant. The menu offers lots of basic or specialty breakfast items to chose from. My daughter ordered eggs, sausage & French toast that she really enjoyed. I had eggs, sausage & the best waffle I've ever eaten. We shared a plate of hash-browns that were average at best. Overall an average meal made better by the fantastic waffle. If I go here again I'll order just the waffles. This is a cash only establishment.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

If you would like a good quick hot breakfast this is your place. The value is great and there is a ton to choose from. Portions are big and the service is good. You might have to wait but it is worth it.
They only take cash so be prepared:)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Went for brunch on a Sunday and loved this place. May not be your usual fancy brunch place, but the food was yummy! Rustic beach place, we had to wait about 10-15 mins for a table. I had a Lump Crab and mozzarella omelet with hash browns and a side order of sausage - everything was very tasty. My daughter had a combo plate: scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon and side of potatoes. We were both happy with our food and certainly were not hungry when we left. Prices were very reasonable. Would go back again!!!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've never gone out of my way to write a restaurant review but I've literally never had such a bad experience as I did when I went to Causeway Cafe. From the moment me and my roommate walked in, we were never even greeted and didn't have anyone take our order until one of the cooks noticed we had been waiting for a while. The cook proceeded to ask one of the waitresses if we had been helped and she responded with "Not yet so I guess I have to" and took our order with a huge attitude. A while later the same waitress yelled across the counter "I was going to finish that before these people walked in." At that point it took every part in us not to just get up and walk out because it was clear that we were not welcomed there. If that wasn't enough, when we went to check out the woman at the counter told us that they didn't accept cards and that we would have to walk down the street to find an ATM (which seems ridiculous that an place that only takes cash doesn't at least have their own ATM). Thankfully it wasn't raining and when we finally got back and paid for our meal, the woman told us to leave a tip there at the counter in a rude tone. With the service we received, I should not have left any tip at all, but I left about 75 cents just to pacify them and regretted it the second I did so because the woman loudly commented "That's all?" I just ignored the comment and walked out and when we were almost to my car, the woman stormed out and yelled at us "You guys need to learn to grow up!" I was beyond shocked that someone would make that much of a rude scene over a tip they obviously didn't even deserve and to be honest, if it weren't for the fact that I was just trying to avoid confrontation and get the hell out of there, they would have had a lot more of a pissed off customer to deal with.
All that being said, I will NEVER go back to this restaurant ever again. The food was only decent and I'm sure I could get the same quality food anywhere else in Wilmington. Horrible place!

1  Thank Emily S