“Eh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Stone Crab - CLOSED

Stone Crab
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Eh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I really wanted to like this place. My husband and I ate out on the patio on a gorgeous day and our waitress was super nice. But... I felt like I could've gotten the same meal at any other chain seafood restaurant. The calamari was pretty good. But my crab cake sandwich didn't really have a taste... I barely ate half. I would've left hungry had I not stuffed my face with the yummy waffle fries and ranch. I mean really, the fries were great. Although I could have saved a few bucks and hit up a chick-fila...

• Visited November 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Business solo supper”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

She crab soup and boiled shrimp where great!

Harbour Island was a total waste of fried seafood. No breaking on shrimp or flounder.

Beer was cold, service was spotty due to only 2 working on a Tuesday night.

Do not think I will be back.....

Wilmington, North Carolina
“So close we are kicking ourselves for not stopping before”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We live close to this restaurant but have never stopped in. Shame on us, we have been missing it, fantastic! You would think in such a big town as Wilmington there would be great seafood places, not true. This was the exception. The food was 9.9 out of 10. The service was great. We ate outdoors on a patio and enjoyed the great food. The Shrimp and grits was a 10. The scallops were a 10. The fried shrimp was a 10. The only thing that was not quite up to snuff was the crab cakes. They were a 6, lots of crab, but not a lot of flavor, need to work on this one with a better recipe.

Its not real fancy but spotless and inviting.

Highly recommend going there when you are in Wilmington

• Visited September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Big Daddy Steam Pot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

4 of us ate and pigged out. More than enough! Not a fan of mussels, but these were amazing. The waitress was fantastic and had no problem letting us tweak and sub to make the steam pot perfect for us.

• Visited September 2012
New York
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

What a great restaurant; nothing like a small, intimate restaurant that truly caters to each patron. The seafood was great (try the Alaskan Crab Legs). Also, the mussels appetizer in blue cheese was great (thanks to our server for recommending blue cheese option verus plain old white wine sauce). Would surely go to Stone Crab next time I'm in Wrightsville.

• Visited August 2012