“Loved it!”

Wrightsville SUP
Ranked #3 of 21 Tours in Wrightsville Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer Stand Up Paddle, Kayak, and Bike Lessons, Tours and Rentals. Classes include advanced lessons, tours, yoga and fitness classes in Wrightsville Beach, Wilmington, Figure 8, Carolina Beach and Topsail. Students of any age, size, or water experience will enjoy a fun, go at your own pace adventure. We will glide effortlessly through the famous Intracoastal Waterway (ICW), the shallows of Banks Channel, and the crystal clear Atlantic Ocean of southern North Carolina all powered by you. We offer a wide variety of group and private tours that cater to anyones needs. With the premier calm water access to WB marshes, top certified guides and ample parking, we strive to make your experience the most comfortable, safe and pleasurable water adventure.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
nc
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Great time with our teenagers. Loved our guide. Good instruction. Nice balance of paddling around with some down time during the two hour tour. A little expensive but overall I highly recommend.

Visited July 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Will Definitely Go Again!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I went SUP for the first time this weekend, and I can honestly say it was the most fun I have ever had on the water. It was a little scary at first, but once I got the hang of it, it was a blast!! Will was an excellent tour guide and instructor (especially with the crappy weater conditions). It was an awesome experience, and I can't wait to go again!

Visited June 2013
Carrboro, North Carolina
“Great birthday present!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stand up paddle boarding is something that I always wanted to try. Wrightsville SUP made it a fun and safe experience. Jarred and Jenny were super friendly and genuinely enthusiastic. The boards and paddles were in great condition.The prices were the lowest around and we would definitely go back again.

Visited June 2013
Sherman, Connecticut
“Great Times and Great People at Wrightsville Beach SUP Race !”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I participated in the Carolina Cup Race at Wrightsville Beach the weekend of April 27/28 . Coming down from Connecticut I was clueless about the area and needed to rent equipment . I was fortunate to call Jarrod Covington of Wrightsville SUP who joyfully ( yes , he is always happy and upbeat ) located a racing board and paddle for me for the weekend . Our station fopr the weekend was a dock right on the backwater and we ( girlfrined and I ) mingled with the locals for three days and they made us feel right at home even though im pale and not very fast on a board . Also , my girlfriends sister , bro in law and two ten yr old nephews came along and Jarrod and crew took great care of them as well . The area is fantastic for paddling as it has cover from the ocean winds and is beautiful country . I highly recommend a trip to the area and renting boards and/or receiving lessons from Jarrod .

Visited April 2013
Holden Beach, North Carolina
“Great Fun for Families with Teens!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were in Holden Beach for the week and wanted to try something new. Jarrod & Will were excellent instructors and accommodated our schedule on short notice, as well as giving us some good advice on what to wear, as it was a bit cool (beginning of April, 55-65 degree F).

To my amazement, nobody fell in, despite some inadvertent bumping and our newby status. The paddleboards (in good shape) were very stable and Jerrod & Will had us start on inland water where it was calm. Both guys were very supportive of our group of three 14-15 year-old girls and mid-40's dad.

I highly recommend Wrightsville SUP and paddleboarding in general to anyone looking for a good fun outdoors, a good activity to do with family, or just a good workout.

Visited April 2013