“Christmas at the Beach! - You'll feel like a local.”
Review of Waterway Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Waterway Lodge
Bisbee, Arizona
“Christmas at the Beach! - You'll feel like a local.”
Reviewed 10 January 2006

We wanted to spend a nice, quiet Christmas at Wrightsville Beach. We chose the Waterway Lodge because it was the closest place to the actual island that would allow us to bring our dog.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The rooms and condos are all individually owned and decorated according to the owners' taste. The condo we rented was nice and clean, but the glassware could use replacing, and a few cooking utensils need to be added (but I would attribute that to the individual unit we rented, not the entire property).

The Waterway Lodge is a short, easy walk to several restuarants and a few shops. Most able-bodied people can walk to the island proper, and a park/2.45 mile walking loop is nearby for exercise.

The view from our room was of the Intracoastal Waterway, complete with a lighted palm-tree for island holiday enjoyment.

Then only thing I can think would be a negative is that you can hear cars driving over the drawbridge at night (only a problem if you are sleeping in the living room, which is street-side).

I can't comment on the sound-proof quality of the walls, as the winter (holiday) season is amazingly quiet at Wrightsville Beach.

All in all, I would recommend the Waterway Lodge.

• Stayed December 2005
5 Thank nomikins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2005

I tell you what. If you're looking for the most hospitable stay, with the most affordable pricing, look no further than the Waterway Lodge. Man, from the moment we got there, they had my number. I tell you...they are a witty group of people. I asked them if they took out of town checks. The desk clerk responded, "Not unless you plan on making me breakfast and cleaning our toilets. I knew she kidding, but I decided to pay with cash anyway. Later that night, I awoke to find the very same desk clerk in my room. It was about 1:45 AM. I, of course was startled, and asked, "Ummm...what are you doing." She paused, but retorted, "Just making sure...your room is as comfortable as possible." How sweet is that!?! I tell you...They go above and beyond the call of duty. The only mishap of the weekend was awaking to find that my wallet had been stolen. I asked the clerk if she had seen anyone suspicious. She responded, "Nope...no one at all." I knew she was looking out for me. She even offered a free night to cover the emotional damage. I guarantee you I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 18 July 2005

I was staying at the Waterway Lodge for 3 nights. On the 3rd night, I returned to my room to find it rented to another customer. The clerk said because we were not in our room at 5:00pm, it was assumed that we had checked out. I was not given another room and to add insult to injury I was charged for the room that day.

14 Thank skip9999
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 September 2003

the rates beat the high prices of the hotels on the beach it is close to some good restaurants that you can walk to one being the docksider restaurant many locals go there

and for breakfast walk over the bridge to the middle of the island restaurant many movie stars prefer it when there are movies being shot in local locations

the staff is very accomadating and always a smile not stuffy like the large hotels on the beach

e mail me if you need more accolades. thanks

john

SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Been to Waterway Lodge? Share your experiences!