“Wonderful morning on the ICW at Wrightsville”

Cape Fear Paddleboarding
Ranked #5 of 21 Tours in Wrightsville Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Cape Fear Paddleboarding, based in Wrightsville Beach, offers stand up paddleboarding (SUP) lessons, tours, and fitness classes for all levels. SUP has become the fastest growing water sport in America and is very easy to learn. Regardless of age or weight, it is a great outdoor activity for the mind and body. Our professional instructors have the patience and enthusiasm to make your SUP experience safe, fun, and exciting. Explore the salt marsh on a sunrise or sunset tour, challenge yourself in the open ocean, or build strength in our SUP fitness classes. We offer a style of SUP for everyone!
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I scheduled a private lesson for our first SUP lesson and to start the morning of our 5th anniversary. We had such a great time!! Our instructor, Josh, was there early and had everything set up for us. He gave us instruction before getting onto the water and then directed us throughout the course. We loved it and picked it up well. Our instructor was so knowledgeable about SUP and surfing, the area, and environment which led to great conversation while we paddled. We also saw wildlife including a dolphin on our trip of about 3 miles. We had such a good experience that we will be sure to rent from Cape Fear when we want to go out again!

There are newer reviews for Cape Fear Paddleboarding

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was not sure what to expect from paddleboarding but I had seen so many people do it I had to try. The experience with my lesson was great. The instructor was flexible and very helpful. After one lesson with Cape Fear I am ready to go again ! Thanks.

Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

First lesson was with a group. We all had a great time and looking forward to doing it again. The staff was great.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I had the opportunity for a personalized intro to Stand Up Paddleboarding with Cape Fear Paddleboarding and I was not disappointed. I had been told to "just rent" and "go out", but the combination of equipment, instruction, valuable safety tips and techniques, variations on paddling standing up vs. a kayak or canoe, a guide in the Intracoastal Waterway who was also good company...SOOO worth it! My instructor was being shadowed by other learning instructors that day, so it was like having a instructor to student ratio of 3:1 and we went to Surfberry afterward which was just a short walk away and also highly recommended...try it... SUP followed by Surfberry's Acai bowl...you'll LOVE it!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Patrick was fun and informative, I would highly recommend to anyone. I plan to do this again soon! The scenery was beautiful and there were many other paddleboarder enjoying the day, If you have the time it's a must do!!! it's worth every dollar!