We recently stayed there for a wedding in the church less than a block away. Grounds are beautiful - flowers of all colors have been planted in a very nice way. The outdoor bar is again very nice - bartenders were top notch. Rooms were actually pretty nice - we upgraded to an ocean view room. It came with a fridge and two comfortable chairs facing the ocean. There was just a juliet balcony - you have to pay a lot more for a room with a balcony. Breakfast was fantastic and is included.
The major issue I had with this property is that one morning my Wife and I went to breakfast with 3 others that were also staying in the hotel. Breakfast is free - the waiter just has one person at the table sign for it and it is done. However Maria called from the front desk and very openly accused me of having 5 people in my room. I tried to explain that it was just myself and my wife (Just a king size bed, I'm not sure where three others would even fit). I told Maria that one of the people eating breakfast was actually the groom that was staying in the honeymoon suite. The other couple was from a different room. She then tried to play detective with me - saying "oh so you have 4 people - You only signed in for 1". She was incredibly rude to me, kind of blows my mind because she called right after room service had taken up two meals to My wife and I - it should have been obvious that there were only two people in the room.
In the end they didn't try and charge me more or anything like that, but I expect a little more class and less rude behavior from people at a boutique hotel such as this. I am a platinum member with IHG, just thought I would be the last person to have Maria play detective with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only NC luxury resort offering all waterfront rooms, the best of both sound and sea, with either Atlantic Ocean or Banks Channel Sound views. Just steps to the sand, and even closer to the sound, the waterfront balconies offer great sunrises and sets with invigorating breezes. Activities within minutes of your room: sailing, fishing, kayaking, SUP and eco-tours, a complete fitness center (including whirlpool and dry sauna), and seasonal yoga on the seaside gardens lawn. A supervised "Sandcampers" program provides crafts, evening activities, lawn games, beach fun, pool, and island excursions for children aged five until twelve. The Outdoor Patio Bar combines casual dining with spectacular views, while the award winning EAST Oceanfront Dining delivers only the freshest local seafood, lobster, delicious wine tastings, fabulous comfort food, and the ever-popular Sunday Brunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach