Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Shell Island Resort(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$207
Silver Gull Motel(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$197
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach(Wrightsville Beach)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$205
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
US$149
US$131
US$168
Surf Suites Motel(Wrightsville Beach)
Harbor Inn(Wrightsville Beach)
Waterway Lodge(Wrightsville Beach)
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites(Wrightsville Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,422 results
All reviewspool bartile floorsbeach chairsbalcony roombreakfast buffetsound sideocean viewgreat beachstaff was very friendlywrightsvillebalconiesvaletaccommodationsconferencecarolina
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at the Blockade Runner this April. As we drove into the parking lot, the building did not present itself very well. It's rather old and there is nothing to be done about that. I will say that every effort has been made to keep it well painted and clean. Our room was not ready (we were early) and in our warm winter clothing we walked through the lobby to the beach area for a drink. (no mint to make a mojito). We had flown in from the frozen north and here it was in the 80's and we were stuck in our cold weather clothing for 3 hours until our room was ready. I realize we were early, but couldn't an effort be made to prepare a room in a more speedy fashion when people are waiting for it? One more negative item and then on to the positive. The lobby area is such a missed opportunity. There is a large airy space that is jam packed with the strangest uninviting furniture ever to be seen, I am so sorry I didn't take a picture. It looks like something out of Alice in Wonderland after the Mad Hatter's tea party. I would get rid of all that silly furniture and fuzzy pillows and create a space that could be used to hang out on a rainy day, read a book, check e-mails or work a puzzle.

Once we got our room and changed clothes and freshened up, yes, everything looked up. We requested a room on the fourth floor with a balcony and this is what we got. Beautiful view and excellent balcony. It had a comfortable lounge chair and bar table and chairs at the perfect height so the railing didn't block the view. This is why we came, to enjoy the ocean. At night we realized there was no screen on the door and with the lights on, every bug from miles around came flying into our room. Be forewarned about that. Room was nice, beds very comfortable everything very clean, good pillows. No noise from neighbors. Bathroom - no tub and the worst shower ever. It comes straight down out of the ceiling making it impossible not to get your head drenched if you were not planning on washing your hair.

I will say every staff member we encountered was very friendly and always gave us a smile. The breakfast included is exceptional and the coffee really good. The ocean is the thing here and you can't beat that, the walkway to the beach is lovely and nicely landscaped. The pool area is okay, nothing special. One thing I would add is, if you are facing the sound side, although it overlooks the parking, the view is still really pretty.

Room Tip: Only a part of the building has actual balconies. If that is important, be sure not to get a "Juliette Balcony". The sound side has the parking lot and road, but a very pretty view. If you are trying to save money, this might be the ticket.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RockyMorse
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Staff were all friendly and courteous. Our room was a king with a balcony. It was clean but our toilet seemed to be 'slow' in flushing our evening there. We were celebrating our anniversary/birthdays and brought a bottle of wine. We forgot our own corkscrew. I called the front desk to also ask for another blanket and the cork screw. Got the blanket but when I went down to ask the desk about the cork screw, he told me they didn't have any left that were available. I went to the restaurant with the bottle and they opened it for me. The hotel itself is old and our hallway made me feel like I was in a smelly dormitory.The shower was nice with a view of the ocean but they don't tell you that you also view your entire room (the bathroom is set in the back of the room) so who ever is in the room can see you shower if you want the ocean view. The bathroom is so tiny you cannot fit two people to brush your teeth. (now I know why no pictures of the bathroom are listed with this room- beware) The bed was rather loose and moved around too much. It was a weird mix- some of the common areas were old and reminded me again of the dormitory (like the hallway) and others were pushed into the over modern décor. The bar was nice but was very limited in its selection. I expected better. The restaurant had great service, however when people were finished eating the tables just weren't cleared and cleaned up (we were there over an hour) I did a restaurant review and while the food tasted really good, some of the options were not available to us which was disappointing. It would have been nice to have some lighting as it was getting darker in the outside seating area. The atmosphere dining was weird- we were dressed for a romantic dinner and yet next to us were sand covered bathing suit folks- which is fine if it wasn't 24$ for a dish. If you plan a nice romantic dinner- don't expect it. If you get it- that is awesome, we did not. The pool area was really beautiful and access to the beach was lovely. You pay for the beach front that is for sure. Everything was almost very good- its like they just aren't quite there for the money you pay. The ending was horrible though- the toilet finally broke at 10am and was unusable the morning we were checking out. We told the cleaning lady on our way out the door and she called maintenance. I would have been ok with everything if our room was more around 200$. Just too much money spent and not the quality expected.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gozling S
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Most important in any business now is service and the Blockade Runner's staff excel in professionalism, friendliness, efficiency, and hospitality! The decor in their new lobby and their pool patio is very inviting and comfortable. The canopied double wicker couches circled in groups of four amidst the colorful garden and tables on the pool decks near the long outdoor bar create a natural socializing area. Nestled between the ocean with a very long stretch of beach and the harbor with another beach and lawn area, we had a choice of flowing waves or calm waters and a view of sunrise and sunset. The complimentary breakfast far surpassed expectations! The rooms were spacious and clean. This wonderfully aesthetic and social treasure that we discovered as a 1 night rest spot on the way to Myrtle Beach will be a future destination...and we'll bring many of our friends!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Whether you have the ocean view and the glorious sunrise or the bay view and the sunset, there are no rooms without spectacular seaside views. I was most impressed with the lawn between the hotel and beach where kids were having a great time playing. A hot buffet breakfast is included which is an added bonus. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MarilynJ8
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked 7 rooms for a sorority reunion, and was very pleased with the accommodations, friendly service, free breakfast, and dinner at the restaurant. It's hard to please 13 women, but all had good things to say about your hotel and staff. Thanks!

Room Tip: Deluxe Oceanfront rooms on upper floors were great. Large sliding glass doors allowed us to listen to the ocean all night. The first rooms off the elevator were partially blocked bythe other building so I would specifically request to have a full view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends