I just spent six nights at Blockade Runner with my family of five (sons 15, 19 and 21). We all loved it. The hotel has a location that cannot be beat. Beachfront with the added perk of sound side activities across the street from the main entrance. The hotel offers kayak, SUP and four person catamaran rentals. We took the guided kayak tour with Monty and loved it. Rented SUPs and it was great fun. My sons took a catamaran sailing lesson and loved that too. The beach has a great sandbar for body surfing during low tide.
Our rooms were queens with oceanfront views, juliet balcony. The furniture and decor was contemporary. The rooms were a good size and had everything we needed. Fridge but no microwave. Housekeeping cleaned every day. View of ocean and sunrise were fantastic.
The breakfast buffet (included with room rate) is very good and there is a huge variety so all should be content. All the hotel staff is polite, friendly and helpful. You can rent two lounge chairs and an umbrella on the beach for $30 for a full day or you can bring your own. The pool is a good size and has ample lounge chairs. The tiki bar is right next to the pool and steps from the beach so you can easily get lunch during the day without changing out of your bathing suit. The lawn located between the hotel and the beach is expansive and a fun place for kids and adults to play. They have corn hole and some mini soccer type goals. I think they should provide bocci ball, the lawn is perfect for that game. They also offer a variety of activities throughout the week which you can get the details from Concierge in the lobby. Usually there is a charge but some of the things I saw listed were (yoga classes, pirate story telling, pool party from 6p to 8:30 pm on a Wednesday night, dinner specials at East Restaurant)
When you need more than the resort, the drive from the hotel over the causeway to Wilmington city limits is about 5 minutes. There you will find any and everything (restaurants, retail, movie theatre.....). You just can't beat the location of this hotel/resort. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blockade Runner is uniquely located on Wrightsville Beach Island, North Carolina’s accessible outer-bank. On the east side, the resort fronts the Atlantic Ocean with a wide sandy beach while the west side fronts an Intracoastal Waterway harbor and anchorage. The resort offers the most complete water related activities possible. Our famous Blockade Runner full service breakfast is included for all guest including groups (not applicable to cottage groups). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blockade Runner Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blockade Runner Wrightsville Beach
- Blockade Runner Hotel Wrightsville Beach