“Completely impressed, could not believe this was a holiday inn”

Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The staff at this hotel was outstanding! I work at a five star four season resort and the staff at the Holliday inn's attention to detail and customer service blew even me away. Sammie at the front desk was very welcoming and accommodating. The housekeeping staff was even friendly (I find this to be extremely rare). While meandering around in the parking lot looking for an elevator, a maintenence man stopped what he was doing to see if he could be of assistance. I know these things seem like they should be a given when on vacation however I've find pleasant hotel stays to be few and far between. I do plan on returning to this resort. Outstanding job Holliday Inn resort Wrightsville!

• Stayed: February 2014
AmandaRochelle, arochelle@wrightsville.holidayinnresorts.com at Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Yes mssierra, you are not dreaming, we are a Holiday Inn Resort :o) (Who just won a Kemmons Wilson award!) Thank you, thank you for your comments. I can't wait to pass them on to all of our staff. We do aim to please and we appreciate you recognizing our resort and our outstanding staff. Come back soon. Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Wrightsville Beach to attend a conference that was being held at the hotel. The hotel was great and they did a fabulous job with the conference. We had about 200 attendees and everything appeared to go very smoothly. There were a couple minor hiccups, but overall the staff did a fabulous job.

Being winter time, I didn't get to take advantage of the amenities like the pool and the location on the beach, but it all looked really great for a warm weather visit. The area looks like it would be a lot of fun in the summer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you november_moon for choosing us for your conference location. Next time bring your bathing suit for our indoor heated pool and outdoor hot tubs - perfect for the winter time. Come back and visit us soon :o) Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed over a Saturday night in January. Liked the location on the beach, and indoor parking garage. Lobby area is pretty. Island view room had very pretty inlet view and a nice side view of the ocean. We were on the top floor. A very nice bonus of a room on the Island side was a beautiful sunset. Our king room was cheerful and had a sofa and nicely decorated. Front desk was very receptive to some feedback about loud convention goers in our hallway at 2am and 4am. We enjoyed expansive ocean views from the restaurant at lunch and breakfast. There was also a large deck with seating and the same beautiful panoramic views.
Beach was very pretty and clean. We used a shuttle to drive us to dinner and were both able to enjoy drinks, so also a very nice feature.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCLexi

O the sunsets! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us NCLexi. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we await your return soon :o) Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I surprised my husband by booking a night's stay on New Year's Eve, at the Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, NC, to celebrate our Anniversary. When we checked into our room my husband saw how disappointed I was not to have an oceanview room. I mean, whats the point of going to the beach in the winter if not to see the ocean, right? He went to speak to the front desk staff and returned with keys to a new room. Oceanfront/ ocean view and gorgeous. The room and bathroom were very large, and immaculate. The beds were extremely comfortable and the view was perfect. When getting ready to go to dinner I used the room iron to touch up my blouse. In seconds black marks appeared on the front. Apparently there was either buildup or remnants of a previous guest's ironing experience. Unfortunately, as we had only planned on the one night stay, I had brought few other options for a nice anniversary dinner and was very upset at the damage to my husband's favorite shirt. Again, he went down to the front desk and explained the situation. I immediately received a call from the hotel manager apologizing for the damage and asking what they could do to "fix" the problem. Because of the wonderful service we received we accepted the offer of a complimentary night's stay at the hotel over reimbursement of the item's cost. Living just 2 hours from Wrightsville we visit often, and will definitely make the Holiday Inn our Home away from Home for future visits.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lowders4
AmandaRochelle, 910-256-2231, Reservations Dept at Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you lowders4 for choosing us for your anniversary celebration! I am so glad that our resort & staff exceeded your expectations. Yikes, sorry about his shirt but I am glad that you both are coming back to visit us again - on the house :o) Give me a call when making your return reservations and I'll make sure everything's all set for your stay. Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay here in December. We had a great view of the Ocean and watched the sun rise from our room - a beautiful sight. The room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable. The shower's water pressure was great. The staff was pleasant. There was plenty of parking. We took nice walks on the beach and noticed many guests enjoying the outdoor hot tubs around the pool (there are 3 different hot tubs).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M

Happy New Year Lisa M! We are so excited you enjoyed your stay with us-see even in December our Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach is a wonderful place :o) Long walks, stunning sunrises and hot tubs! Our staff thanks you for your comments and we hope to serve you again soon. Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had to make a quick overnight trip to Wilmington, and stayed with a friend at this resort. It is ocean front, looks fairly new, and the staff were very nice. The room was very clean, beautiful view of the ocean, and the beds were comfortable. My ONLY complaint is the fact that the walls were paper thin. The front desk was nice enough to provide earplugs, so this must be a common complaint.
Sadly, I can't afford this hotel during the summer "season", but I will certainly try to come back while the rates are down.

Room Tip: I would ask for a higher floor, and if it isn't crowded, ask for a quiet room. Walls are VERY th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you NCSpacey for your comments. I am glad you were able to experience our resort and the beautiful ocean views. I hope you were able to sleep soundly in our comfy beds-hopefully next time it will be the lapping of the ocean waves to lull you to sleep.....ahhhh. Have a great new year and we look forward to seeing you again soon :o) Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed in the "Cape Fear Suite" for the weekend. Beautiful view of the ocean. The room was clean, spacious and quiet. The king bed was comfortable, and the jetted tub was great. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Every employee I met had a smile and a greeting, and they all asked if there was any way they could help us. It was very refreshing!

Room Tip: Splurge on the suite!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AmandaRochelle, arochelle@wrightsville.holidayinnresorts.com at Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Whoop! Whoop! We are so appreciative of your comments roadtripper. We always aim to please. The Cape Fear Suite, 600, on the north end is a great view looking south toward Johnnie Mercer's Pier. Did you catch the sunrise during your stay? C'mon back soon, we can't wait to serve you again :o) Sincerely, Amanda Rochelle, Reservations Dept Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrightsville Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!