“Location, location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surf Suites Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wrightsville Beach
Surf Suites Motel
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Location, location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

My husband & I recently spent 3 nights at the Surf. We've been going for many years and have never been disappointed. The rooms are clean, comfortable & quiet! The staff is always helpful & professional. The all ocean front rooms are perfect for "counting the waves" and relaxing on the balcony. The only negative comment would be that the kitchen was a little scanty on the cooking utensils. We will definitely go again & would certainly recommend this property.

Room Tip: The upper floors provide a better ocean view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

The Surf Suites is without question one of Wrightsville Beach's best kept secrets! It's been a while since my last stay so I decided to go do some studying this weekend. The quality, service and front office personnel remain awesome. There is nothing like the ability to walking out of your condo onto your own patio, then out onto a well-maintained yard then out directly on the beach....basically secluded!!!!

The atmosphere is nice and simple. Then to top that off, there is the Oceanic Seafood Restaurant is right next door!!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Room Tip: Bottom floor provides instant access to beach.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CranGoose
asheville,nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I picked this place due to others recommendations here on trip advisor. I don't like staying at chain hotels and wanted a place that had a kitchen and is affordable. Loved it. Condo was big with a couch, full kitchen, large bath, large bedroom. I was on 3rd floor and with the big sliding glass doors could watch the sunrise....and the moon come up at night too. Place is clean. People at desk were very friendly. Would stay there again. A restaurant is right next door that you can walk to. Suites are in a quiet area of the island. I was there in Jan (winter) so it was rather quiet there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank gypsyiam
Gaston, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I recently stayed at Surf Suites for one night while on my way to another vacation spot. I had found it on the internet and thought I had good directions but got lost anyway. When I called the front desk the man there was as nice as he could be and gave me some directions. I got lost again and called back and he was so very helpful. When I arrived it was a beautiful place and the room was perfect with the most awesome balcony looking right into the sun coming up over the ocean. The only problem I had was the door to the balcony stuck just a little (from a new seal that had been put on it) and when I called the front desk he came right up and opened it for me. The next morning the desk person was just as nice and friendly. I will definitely plan to go back again soon and stay the weekend. This place gets both thumbs up from me!

Room Tip: All the rooms face the ocean so I don't think any one is better than another
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Cornelius, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

The freedom to come to the beach without breaking the bank brings out the dream of getting to the beach more often. The Surf Motel Suites gave affordable prices for a priceless view straight across the final feet of sands and into the surf. Though the building is older, the suites (bedroom, bath, living room, full kitchen wall, full balcony) are staged well with up to date furniture and accessories. The staff was able to accommodate our request for an earlier check in. Sitting in the living room with the door open we listened to the surf for hours, when we weren't walking the beach!

Room Tip: We asked to be above the first floor so that we had better view of the surf. For those who like pat...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BobbiCornelius_NC
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Every time my husband and I travel to Wilmington or Wrightsville Beach, we stay here. The suites are large and comfortable with sink, fridge, etc. It always feels clean and secure. The guys at the desk are relaxed and accommodating - giving us ideas of things to go see and do. We will continue to stay here - we love this place!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Morehead City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed at the Surf Suites for eight days. What a great set up! Very spacious and clean. The views from the balcony - yes a full balcony! - are really unparalleled on WB. King sized bed, pullout couch, dishwasher, full refrigerator and plenty of room to spread out without 'junking' up the place. If I had a concern, it would be that the kitchen, with a four burner stove and coffee maker was not fully functional. We only had a spatula for kitchen equipment, in addition to one kitchen knife. My feeling is that if we would have asked, it would have been provided. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There is an elevator there to reach the higher floors. We stayed in 409 and appreciated the views from the upper floor. ( I heard that Room 412 is the best). The pool was open and clean. They have a spot to rinse off your feet or equipment. A great stay all around! I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the southern end of the hotel and upper floors for the best views
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Been to Surf Suites Motel? Share your experiences!