“more than I expected to pay”

Days Inn Yadkinville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yadkinville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kelowna
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

It was hard to find as the big Days Inn sign was on the ground instead of on the roof. That was my first clue that this Days Inn which I had paid a premium room price for Merlefest was not going to be problem-free. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, I felt completely unsafe in dark parking area and in my room, so uncomfortable that I barricaded myself in my room with chairs up to the door! Everything in it, from the carpeting to the bedding and the beds themselves is worn out, stained and unclean. The toilet ran constantly unless io adjusted it myself. My window looked out to a cement wall a foot away. The "pool" was pea-soup green, the breakfast dreary... If I could have gone anywhere else, I would have, but with merlefest going on, there was nowhere else in the area to go, which the owner took full advantage of, as I had prebooked and prepaid months before, paying an incredible $160 a night to stay there. A
total event jack the prices up rip off. Days Inn the franchiser should be ashamed and embarrased by having their name on that building in Yadkinville!

• Stayed April 2014
Flagler Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in this motel a few times in the past as we have family in the area. The last time we had to ask someone to put tape over the rug where it met the outside rug as we were afraid of tripping on it. They said they were in the process of renovating. This has been going on for years now. This time the new rug was down in the hallways and I think the room rugs were cleaned, not replaced as they were buckled in a few places and should have been stretched. The bathrooms had new tile but the toilets were still low to the floor -- bad for someone with arthritic knees! But this time we came prepared with our raised toilet seat!

The room smelled fresh and was clean except for around the edges of the rug -- most motels never vacuum around the edges which is a pet peeve of mine! They still have the old bedspreads and drapes although I think they have been washing the bedspreads more often. I don't think the mattresses were changed in a long time and I hope this is on their renovation list.

The owner who checked my husband in was very friendly and is trying to bring this motel up to standard. I would commend his effort, but it still has a long way to go.

I wanted a handicap accessible room but the only ones they have just have a queen size bed and we are used to a king, so that is not an option.

We never went for breakfast so I can't comment on that. All in all, it has come a long way from when we first stayed there but really needs some more attention.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yadkinville
Quality Inn
Days Inn Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
#4 of 8 in Jonesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville

Been to Days Inn Yadkinville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Yadkinville

Property: Days Inn Yadkinville
Address: 220 Sharon Dr, I-77 Exit 73A, Yadkinville, NC 27055-6776
Region: United States > North Carolina > Yadkinville
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yadkinville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Days Inn Yadkinville 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Days Inn Yadkinville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Yadkinville Days Inn