“A lovely step back in time”
Review of Cowboy Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfield
Cowboy Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Belfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 July 2012

After a beautiful full moon drive in the Theodore Roosevelt national park in Medora, ND, we began looking for a place, and we're shocked to find the only available Medora lodging to be quite expensive ($200), so looked farther afield. And only then learned of a huge rodeo event in nearby Dickinson that had hotels booked for many miles around. This was a desperation find, by phone, and one we'd never see from the highway, nor would likely stay in by sight alone. And it was a delight.

The little room had all we needed - good bed, clean, AC, ice, coffee, hair dryer, quiet, etc. but it was the extra touches -- real coffee mugs, old fashioned alarm clock, fun old school desk, book of short stories, swings outside, grill available, great staff. And the garden with its water features, California poppies and other interesting plantings . . . Just lovely. Very old school, and a reminder of how adequate and interesting that can be.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank nancyye
There are newer reviews for Cowboy Inn

Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is one of the WORST motels we have even stayed in. A DUMB...only thing to be said it was at least clean. The rate they charges WAS NOT the one quoted...but being in a town with no place else to stay...You're stuck. Room was SMALL...one little double bed. and the bathroom OMG...The PITTS...a small shower, and a toilet that only a midget could use effectively.

Stay some place else!

Room Tip: Stay in Dickinson, ND when visiting the TR National Park...Not here
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JAMES L
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Small dirty room. Couldn't wait to leave. Got up early next morning and as I started to take a shower there wasn't any soap in the dispenser. Not surprised as you could tell every corner was being cut. Paid $95 for the convenience of being near TR National Park---wasn't worth half of that---DON'T STAY IN THIS DUMP!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank leisuremanchicago
Reviewed 1 August 2011

When I made the reservation, they told me the cost was 1/2 what I was actually charged. Also, I was told the rooms had Queen beds, but was given a room with a full size bed (not big enough for my husband and I to sleep on! Granted, we are larger folks, but this was ridiculous) and the bathroom was so small that it was almost unusable, particularly the toilet. Even my relatively thin mother had trouble using the toilet. Not worth the money by any means.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Auxarcia
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This hotel is very old and dirty, and for over $100 per night, a total rip-off. The owners were also very rude. After the first night, I cancelled the rest of my reservation and moved to another hotel nearby. They charged me for an additional 4 days! I called and they said they have a one week cancelation policy and would do nothing about it. So I ended up paying over $500 for a one night stay at a total dump. This hotel is a total scam, run by con artists. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank NDBusinessTraveler
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The suite isn't worth 167.00 a night! Because the extra room took forever to cool down with the ac being in the main room and the shower was horrible! If you've ever taken a solar shower than that is what it was like. The good thing about the suite was that it was super clean and it had flat screen TVs in each room! And the landscaping outside was pretty but I wish they would put their money towards upgrading the plumbing and some of the outdated furniture instead!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Rheiner
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed at the Cowboy Inn for one night. We chose it for its proximity to Theodore Roosevelt NP. We were not expecting luxury by any means, but at the same time, it was NOT worth the $104.00 price (and that was with the AAA discount).

The room was "rustic." It was a small room with wood paneling and a Western theme. It was fine and clean enough for sleeping in. The bathroom was tiny. It contained a small shower stall (that left me wishing I had shower shoes), a mirror, and a toilet placed in a 24-inch wide space. The room did have a coffee pot and a fridge, which was a nice and unexpected addition.

Overall, it was fine, but overpriced. If it was not near the national park, it would be worth about $40 a night.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank agdwsu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfield
WoodSpring Suites Dickinson
#4 of 19 in Dickinson
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickinson
Astoria Hotel & Event Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dickinson

Been to Cowboy Inn? Share your experiences!