“Nice Stop”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was pretty much what I expected of a Fairfield Inn, which is a good thing. I was just traveling through on business and would have preferred something right off of I-94, this hotel is about 5 miles off the interstate (heading west). Located on the outer loop the street noise was noticeable but not too bad. I get a great night's sleep at Marriott properties and this was no exception. Good beds/bedding/towels/shower water pressure. Nice clean room. I should mention that I booked this room via priceline. Usually when I present my rewards card I'm allowed some flexibility in my reservation but this varies from hotel to hotel. In this case they would not switch me to a king from 2 queens and I was placed right by the elevator with their policy of no changes allowed for online bookings. Fair is fair and this isn't a complaint at all, just something worth noting. Nice stop and refreshed for another day of travel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
BismarckFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for taking your time to comment. I am glad your stay was enjoyable. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I'm platinum with Marriott so this isn't my first stay. Right off the Hwy so a convenient location. It has the latest updates which is surprising since this is obviously an established location. I liked the Rewards Members gift. Clean room and check-in went well. I'd come back. Nothing in my room was wrong.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Field T

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post them. I know you have a lot of options when booking your reservation and appreciate that you choose us!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Minor problems with our reserved rooms not being available, but they found others that worked for us. Rooms were very clean, and despite a large summer baseball tournament in the hotel with dozens of kids, it was very quiet. Good location, grocery stores and gas stations within walking distance. Only issue was no hot water in the shower, both late at night and also early in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
BismarckFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. However, I am sorry to you did not recieve a warm shower. We did have our hot water heater go out and I am guessing your stay was during that time. It is up and running again. I hope you will join us again the next time you come through Bismarck. Thanks again for staying with us and your feedback!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel was a welcome treat after a long day's drive. Everything was perfect. King room had a comfy sofa where my husband enjoyed his reading and plenty of sockets, including bedside, where I could recharge my smartphone while listening to an audiobook. On the expensive side.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
BismarckFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback reguarding our hotel. We are happy to provide a welcoming, quality stay for you when you're away from home.

Thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

While traveling on business, I often stay at Marriott Courtyard. Because there is no Courtyard in the city, the Marriott Fairfield is a great alternative. The staff is friendly and engaging. The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean and include microwave and refrigerator. I loved the shower pressure and the large bathroom. The breakfast was tasty with plenty of choices including kids cold cereal, oatmeal, cut fruit, yogurt, waffles, breakfast rolls and more. Thanks for the great visit and I will be back again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback and taking the time to respond. I am glad our property and level of service rose to your expectations. That certainly is our goal.

Thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Front Desk Clerk Bailey was extremely kind and helpful. Because of the time of night and our needs due to physical limitations at that time, she was able to offer us a room that was what we needed at a reasonable cost. Good internet connection.Breakfast included many hot items. Free newspaper. Restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Bailey was smart to give us a room close to the elevator, as it was easier to navigate that short di...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This is nothing fancy....straight accomodations. If you are a light sleeper or a person who lives in the the country there will be road noise and other visitor motion noise. If I could have found the guest who kept his music up loud all night long, I'd have been able to have entered Bismark into the space race after I knocked this inconsiderate loud guest into orbit. The room (216) was clean, tthe elevator slow, the work station is adequate, but small. Rooms have refrigerator and microwave and that makes it nicer. The heat and air worked very well and the bed was firm and comfortable. They give you plenty of pillows both firm and soft, so you have choices. There are two electrical sockets at the desk/work area so you can hook your laptop/tablet and your phone at the same time. If you travel as a couple, something will have to wait to be charged. The front desk people are knowledgable for the area despite the fact that they are youthful. They are very pleasant! They were able to determine my group of busines men's tastes and sent us to a very nice restaurant....(local owned and operated) not a chain restaurant, where we had a very nice lunch. There are several (B) restaurants close by in walking distance...by (B)...chain restaurants. Parking is adequate and spaced well. The entrance to the Fairfield is small and narrow. You have to be on your toes to see the entrance the first time you come. If anyone is in the drive coming out into the street, you would need a small vehicle to enter into the entrance if a vehicle were there. The Fairfield is hidden behind the Red Lobster. There are not a considerable amount of choices in Bismark and I believe that this hotel is one of the better choices. The gym and indoor pool are very nice if you were to like those sort of amenities.

Room Tip: Get away from the Elevator. When guests are coming back in of an evening they can wake you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
BismarckFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for your feed back regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the negative experience you had due to your noisy neighbor. If at any time you have a concern or issue please let any member of the staff know so we can immediately take care of it. I am delighted to hear that the room meet all of your needs and the staff was able to provide helpful suggestions of the local restaurants and area. We do strive to ensure every guest that stays with us has an enjoyable stay. Thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites North.