“Trip to North Dakota”

Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Maryville, Tennessee
“Trip to North Dakota”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This hotel is much easier to locate than the south Fairfield Inn in Bismarck so I was glad I chose the north location. I loved being next door to the Red Lobster. You could get a drink there and not worry about driving - very convenient and safe! The lady in charge of the breakfast could not have been nicer.. I showed up about 10 minutes past the closing time; yet she was more than willing to get me anything I wanted. Another lady showed up even later (she was on mtn standard time, this property is on central standard time) and the breakfast lady was quick to help her out as well. She is a jewel!! Very sweet.

Room Tip: This hotel is on the main road with lots of businesses around. Expect to hear quite a lot of backgr...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sensor11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel itself was very nice, but the back of the hotel backs onto Dan's supermarket. The room in which we stayed was on the back. When we arrived back from dinner about 8:30, a generator, a very noisy generator, was running at Dan's. When we called the desk, we were told that it would stop by 10:00. It did, but then started up again at 5:30 am. Would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the back of the building.
Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear A B,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck. Please accept my apology for the negative experience you had at my hotel. On future stays we would be more than happy to place you in a room in the front of our hotel so that you are not bothered by any noise from our neighbors. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to impress you.

Tammi W.
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was pretty much what I expected of a Fairfield Inn, which is a good thing. I was just traveling through on business and would have preferred something right off of I-94, this hotel is about 5 miles off the interstate (heading west). Located on the outer loop the street noise was noticeable but not too bad. I get a great night's sleep at Marriott properties and this was no exception. Good beds/bedding/towels/shower water pressure. Nice clean room. I should mention that I booked this room via priceline. Usually when I present my rewards card I'm allowed some flexibility in my reservation but this varies from hotel to hotel. In this case they would not switch me to a king from 2 queens and I was placed right by the elevator with their policy of no changes allowed for online bookings. Fair is fair and this isn't a complaint at all, just something worth noting. Nice stop and refreshed for another day of travel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
BismarckFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for taking your time to comment. I am glad your stay was enjoyable. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I'm platinum with Marriott so this isn't my first stay. Right off the Hwy so a convenient location. It has the latest updates which is surprising since this is obviously an established location. I liked the Rewards Members gift. Clean room and check-in went well. I'd come back. Nothing in my room was wrong.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Field T
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post them. I know you have a lot of options when booking your reservation and appreciate that you choose us!
Montana
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Minor problems with our reserved rooms not being available, but they found others that worked for us. Rooms were very clean, and despite a large summer baseball tournament in the hotel with dozens of kids, it was very quiet. Good location, grocery stores and gas stations within walking distance. Only issue was no hot water in the shower, both late at night and also early in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
BismarckFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. However, I am sorry to you did not recieve a warm shower. We did have our hot water heater go out and I am guessing your stay was during that time. It is up and running again. I hope you will join us again the next time you come through Bismarck. Thanks again for staying with us and your feedback!
Rochester NY
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel was a welcome treat after a long day's drive. Everything was perfect. King room had a comfy sofa where my husband enjoyed his reading and plenty of sockets, including bedside, where I could recharge my smartphone while listening to an audiobook. On the expensive side.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
BismarckFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback reguarding our hotel. We are happy to provide a welcoming, quality stay for you when you're away from home.

Thanks for choosing us!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

While traveling on business, I often stay at Marriott Courtyard. Because there is no Courtyard in the city, the Marriott Fairfield is a great alternative. The staff is friendly and engaging. The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean and include microwave and refrigerator. I loved the shower pressure and the large bathroom. The breakfast was tasty with plenty of choices including kids cold cereal, oatmeal, cut fruit, yogurt, waffles, breakfast rolls and more. Thanks for the great visit and I will be back again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback and taking the time to respond. I am glad our property and level of service rose to your expectations. That certainly is our goal.

Thanks for choosing us!