“Poor parking & breakfast”
Review of Super 8 Bismarck

Super 8 Bismarck
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 13 November 2013

In town for only one night, was not planning on spending a lot of time at hotel, so decided this price was right. The desk clerk was polite. The room overall was clean, couple 'crumbs' or something on mattress. I always pull sheets back to inspect. The breakfast wasn't anything extra special. If your only looking to put something in your belly to start the day, it works. The outside grounds were not exactly clean. Front door sidewalks & entrances could use a good looking after. I understand that staff needs breaks, but standing by the front door smoking isn't a nice look.

Room Tip: This hotel has no elevator or pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Sidney, Montana
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My family, my husband and I came to Bismarck, North Dakota for the Rob Zombie/Korn Concert. I wrote down a list of motels and I called a lot of them. However, the Super 8 had one of the cheapest rates and we only needed it for one night so I seen no reason to pay for a room that was $150.00 plus tax verses what we did pay at the Super 8. The super 8 front desk clerk when we checked in that afternoon was very friendly, and I would have NEVER thought the rooms would look as they did. The lobby area was clean, and smelt good. The breakfast area and vending area was even clean and smelt fresh. I am a house keeper and a front desk clerk at a motel in Sidney, Montana where I live. I know that NO ONE is perfect by all means, and that we ALL make MISTAKES.. Whenever I go and stay in a motel/hotel the first thing I do is check my bathroom, then my sheets, and then I run my finger through every knick and cranny there is in the room. In the Super 8 - My bathroom was clean, the light fixture in there above the sink definitely needs to be dusted though . Use a Swiffer for things you can not reach, they work wonderfully! The tops of the doors, and the doors need to be wiped down every day to every other day as well. They are caked full of dust. The rust in the toilets will most definitely always come off with a puma stone, definitely need to invest in some for the motel! Also, the house keeping staff needs to take extra time on the rooms. Where was the air freshener at? My room stunk of pet and smoke! The headboards, end tables/table legs, chair/chair legs, window sills, and heater vents/air conditioners NEED to ALWAYS be dusted - Whether the room is a checkout or a stay over. Keep your rooms clean, and smelling good. Your house keeping staff may need to be trained AGAIN! I don't know if the motel even has a head house keeper but she needs to do a better job at checking the rooms. I was definitely disappointed in this room, reviews have never lied to me before, and neither have pictures. However, the pictures on this trip advisor page for the Super 8 show them to be clean, and the rooms are far from clean. The Front Desk Clerks may make reservations, and bring customers in, but the rooms and house keepers SELL the ROOMS. No matter what anybody says, its the truth. I am both and I full heartedly agree that the house keeping staff is the reason why our guests continue to keep coming back. They do not want to sleep in a bed with unchanged sheets, a room full of dust, or use a bathroom that was never cleaned. CHECK YOUR ROOMS, AND MAKE SURE YOUR HOUSE KEEPERS ARE ACTUALLY DOING THEIR JOB.. YOU MAY SEE AN IMPROVEMENT IN A LOT OF WAYS. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO BRING IN MORE GUESTS, AND ACTUALLY KEEP THEM. YOU ALWAYS WANT TO KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY!! I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED AND I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Well when we checked in the desk clerk was very polite n nice! As my husband and I went to go climb in the bed the sheets hadn't been changed there was crumbs, hairs, n major wrinkly sheets the fridge even has hair inside it along with food crumbs, room hadn't been dusted in probably weeks! Now gives me the hebie jerked! I want to fall asleep fast so I can get out of here sooner

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Notahappygirly
Taylor
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Check in was good, very friendly.
Check out was good, very friendly. Many places to eat and easy to get to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed 4 November 2013

There's nothing in Bismarck N.D. other than the need to trap tired travelers to a high priced motel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business