“Peaceful”

Candlewood Suites Bismarck
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Was greated by a attenative staff that made me feel welcomed. A nicely maintained motel inside and out. Comfortable, clean rooms, beds, etc. Nice workspace for computing although lacking in extra outlets to plug into at the desk without crawling under the desk to plug in. Good internet/connections speeds. No meals served, but I had a nice small kitchen with adequate cooking/utensils, etc to work with, good size fridge/microwave and stovetop. Wash dishes in the in-room sink. They have a small store downstairs if you don't feel like running to Walmart or a grocery store for food. The area was peaceful with a lot less traffic than I am used to. Will definately stay here again if the travel plans take me back to this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear 23Dorsett,

Thank you for your comment. We hope to see you back again!!

Sara S.
Candlewood Suites

Reviewed 29 June 2012

They clean the room once per 7 days (yes, once per week).
Nice typical 2 stars room. PET allowed, so watch our for fleas.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Rsfmd1,

Thank you for your comment. I apologize that the services offered at our hotel were not what you expected. We really appeciate our guests' feedback and use it to identify what can be done to improve our hotel as well as recognize the things we are doing right. Candlewood Suites as a brand are pet friendly hotels. However, there is no need to worry about cleaniliness of rooms, as we do professionally shampoo the carpets and deep clean the rooms after our furry friends have checked out.

I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Bismarck that you will give the Candlewood Suites another try.

Sara Stroh

Reviewed 24 April 2012

There is a lot of nice amenties about this hotel. It is super clean. The staff is exceedingly nice. The internet works great. A nice little cooking area (wal-mart is across the street if you want to dine in.) Great little work out room. The bathroom lighting and shower are all good. And...they even have "plug-in's" outside for your car in the winter time.

Here's what I didn't like: $129 per night! We are in Bismarck for cryin' out loud. No breakfast - not even coffee in the lobby...all you get is cheap Maxwell House coffee in your room. They only change your sheets once per night. No manager's reception - nada. For what you "get" at $129 per night, it's not worth it. One other note - other than the Subway at the Wal-Mart, if you don't have a car, there is nothing around here and they do not have a shuttle to take you anywhere. Then again, you can buy something from Wal-Mart and cook in your room. The Fairfield Inn down the street is about the same price and you get the same - plus more.

They have a great property here...but it is way too expensive for me to stay at again.

Room Tip: All rooms have really thin walls...recommend you ask for a top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Backstreets1250
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Backstreets1250,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Its new and they keep it very clean. Really modern and spacious rooms. Pool seems to be too cold to swim every time we go. No breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 1 July 2011

There are some positives, but there are definitely a lot of negatives that even those out.
Positives:
1. Full kitchen (although much smaller than other Candlewoods I've been to).
2. Staff very helpful and courteous.
3. Free laundry!
4. Comfy bed.
5. Free DVD rentals.

Negatives:
1. Biggest complaint - Paper thin walls!! I got awoken every morning by 6am because the person in the room above awoke at that time. I do not think the person was trying to be loud, it's just EVERYTHING s/he did I could hear.
2. Small gym located in the same big room as laundry so it can get real hot if someone turned off the AC.
3. Water was not consistently hot.
4. Room small for an extended stay. I've stayed at Residence Inns, which are extended stays, and they rooms are very very spacious.

Overall, I would not mind staying here again. But since the noise is the biggest problem, I would opt to stay on the top most floor.

Room Tip: Top level room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We stayed here for one night on a driving holiday.
It's a typical Candlewood Suites. The room was quite nice - fairly large - full sized fridge.
The beds were large and comfortable.
Candlewood Cupboard was well stocked.
The room was quiet.
Internet was free and worked well.
We did smell other people cooking. And while this is to be exepcted, its' always a little annoying.
My only complaint is that the rate was quite high - $130.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joebaba
Reviewed 21 May 2010

This is the first Candlewood I have stayed at and its a little diffent than what I have stayed at before. They have no Breakfast but thats ok there is a kitchen and walmart is very close and with some hotels saying free breakfast thats turns out aful its better to use your own kitchen. The one very odd thing but happy to see is free laundry I went to go down expecting to pay $2 for wash and another $2 for dry and then they come out of the dryer still wet most of the time. I wait until home but I had to use it and was very shocked that its free. The staff was very friendly and nice I am looking forward to staying here again next year and will now take another look at candlewood as a chain.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business