“Recent One Night Stay”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Aurora, Colorado
“Recent One Night Stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel staff was friendly. The room was clean. However, on the down side, the breakfast wasn't worth what little time it took to eat what little (hot food) there was that seemed at all appetizing. The room was tiny -- just large enough for the queen bed. Two desk chairs which could barely be made to fit on either side of the bed was all that passed for seating. Unless you're sitting on the bed you're likely to be too close to the TV for comfort. The location of the dumpster outside Door C (just barely visible in one of the website pics) provided a convenient restroom for a couple of "transients" who may also have been the reason for the outdoor smoking receptacle to be constantly belching smoke.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Estevan, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed for two days this past weekend and the accommodations were very good. Clean and helpful staff. The breakfast was good although they were running out by the last 1/2 hour, but the hotel appeared to be very busy. The price is very good and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dean K, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review of our property and staff. I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, other then the fact that we ran out of some items early. This should not happen and I have already mentioned this to the staff on duty that weekend. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here Apr, 3rd - 4th, 2014. The room was clean and modern. I especially liked the room layout. My only complaint of the room is the way the doors open is a bit inconvenient. The price I found high for this chain, but it could just be the town though. I didn't find the breakfast all that great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
I'm glad that you enjoyed the room other then how the doors opened. Unfortunately, I don't think the doors could open any differently. We are priced higher then some of the other motels in our chain, but it is because of the market we are in. That being said, we offer one of the best values you will find in the area. I'm sorry that you didn't find our breakfast that enjoyable. Overall, we do get a very positive response regarding our breakfast buffet. However, I'm always looking for suggestions on improving it, so feel free to give me a call if you have any for us. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will consider us in any future trips to this area.
Pisek, North Dakota
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Our stay was great! The room was clean and we slept peaceful. The bed was comfortable. Loved the pillows! Breakfast was really nice! Staff was very helpful and kind. Room was worth the price and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I'm glad that you had such a positive experience during your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Watertown, South Dakota
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Room was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was decent and had 4 nice pillows. Staff was pleasant. Breakfast was about what you would expect and they had good coffee. I would stay here again. Convenient location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dean K, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time and leaving such a positive review on TripAdvisor!

I'm glad that you enjoyed the bed and especially the pillows. We have had a lot of positive comments about them and I believe our search for great pillows is now over. It's good to hear that our staff was pleasant and you also enjoyed our breakfast and coffee.

I know that you have many choices in Bismarck and am glad that you selected us. We hope to see you again soon!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 March 2014

What I had originally planned as a one night stay turned into a stay of 4 nights in Bismarck, ND due a weather-related mechanical breakdown of my truck. One of the last places I called was America's Best Value Inn. What started out as a major inconvenience, ended up being quite pleasurable, really, while also restoring my faith in the goodness of people. On the first night when I spoke with Clarista over the phone, to checking in with Dallas, and interacting throughout the stay with Dean and others of the staff, I couldn't have been better taken care of if I had planned ahead. I was made to feel welcome. The rates were quite good, and there was a breakfast each morning in a clean well-lit room. The absolute ONLY concern I had was the fact that it took me a day or so to figure out to regulate the room heat, but with that being only a concern, the hotel made the best for me out of a stressful situation. While here I had run out of a medication and was able to locate a pharmacy. But to make things even better, I was transported to the pharmacy by a staff member, then returned to the hotel when my order was filled. Finally, I didn't know each day until early afternoon, whether I was going to be able to travel again or have to stay overnight again. The staff was quite willing to help and I am forever grateful. If your travel plans include Bismarck, North Dakota, and you are looking for a hotel with clean rooms, helpful staff, and a quite adequate breakfast, along with easy freeway access (exit 159 off Interstate 94), you should really consider the America's Best Value Inn in Bismarck, ND. because you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for such a nice review of our staff and property. We all enjoyed meeting you during your stay with us.

The heat can be a little tricky if the toggle switch on the electric heat register is switched to off. If it was in the heat position, you would have just controlled all of the heat in the room with the thermostat on the wall.

We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future!
Conrad, Montana
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Room was clean and ready. Had everything you would usually need, and was not hard to find.
The room was a bit short of square footage. Like a lot of the times when we travel, we got there at 10pm, got a bite to eat and went to bed, then up and down the road we went.

Room Tip: We did not have kids with us, but it would have been ok for them. We liked there was no, no smok...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dean K, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, with the one exception being the small room. Most of our rooms are sufficient as far as size, but a small percentage of them are a bit short on square footage. In the future, ask for a room in the south wing or an Executive room and you will be sure to get one of our larger rooms. We hope to see you again in the near future!