“Great stay with kids!”

MainStay Suites Bismarck
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay here with our children. The waterslide and pool area is great for both older children and toddlers. The kitchenette was handy to have as well! We will definitely stay here the next time we vacation in Bismarck :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel itself was lovely. The rooms with the kitchenettes are very nice and would be really great for a long term stay or for travelling with kids. We were very disappointed in the breakfast however. The eggs were so buttery and salty, I found them inedible and the sausage patties were overcooked. The donut that I ended up eating was very fresh but I would have much preferred a hot breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trvldawn
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were very happy with our stay here. Our room and all that we saw of the hotel were very well kept. Although it is probably used more for extended stays, we only stayed one night. Josh at the front desk greeted us on our arrival and was very friendly. I was not feeling well when we arrived so we didn't get a chance to check out the pool. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast before leaving.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at their sister property, the Comfort Suites, a few times and had a good experience but since it was sold out I figured I'd try the MainStay this time and was not disappointed.

Had a smaller king room which was clean and comfortable, it was decent sized but I thought it was a tad cluttered. Think I would have preferred if they left the recliner, got rid of the couch and replaced it with a small table and chairs instead. It doesn't make sense to have a hotel with a kitchen yet not provide a place for 2 people to sit and eat a meal IMO.

Wifi worked great and was quite fast as well. Beds were reasonably comfortable. Kitchen was equipped with a dishwasher, full size fridge, 2 burner cooktop, microwave and cooking utensils, though much of the silverware was missing, think I had like 2 forks and 1 spoon total. Kitchen sink was really tiny, looked like something you would see in an RV.

Cleanliness was great and everything worked well and was in good condition, I didn't ask but the hotel seemed either fairly new or recently remolded within the last 2 or 3 years.

Guy at the front desk was really friendly, never caught his name but he was great.

Overall I thought this was a nice property, had no problems at all and wlll return when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The kids loved the water slides and little pool area, perfect for mine (ages 2 and 8) plus the water was super warm. Room was large, good size bathroom, clean......no complaints at all. Will be back to stay

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank jackiesinclair
Deidre E, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to place a review, we love hearing about your stay and so pleased you and your family enjoyed our waterpark and accomodations. Thank you for choosing Mainstay Suites Bismarck. We hope to see you again very soon!

Deidre E
Director of Sales

Reviewed 17 March 2014

By far one of the nicest, cleanest and most reasonable places we stayed in our month of traveling. Staff was great, especially when we had car trouble and thought we would be checking out late. Rooms are huge, and full kitchen was really nice.

Room Tip: Just plain nice. Don't be afraid to make reservations here!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is a relatively new property in Bismarck. The rooms are very comfortable and everything is so new and clean. I would love to have the amenities of these rooms at one of my ski destinations. There is a FULL SIZE refrigerator, dishwasher, 2 burner stovetop, and cookware and dishes. I'm usually looking forward to eating out when I go to Bismarck so I only used the refrigerator to store my leftovers :-) The breakfast also had a nice selection of hot and cold options. My only complaint was the slow elevator but then I got my exercise using the stairs. I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Deb Z
Travellers also viewed these Bismarck hotels
Comfort Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bismarck North
Hampton Inn Bismarck
Hampton Inn Bismarck
#5 of 32 in Bismarck

Been to MainStay Suites Bismarck? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about MainStay Suites Bismarck

Address: 2507 N 9th St, N 9th Street & Gateway Ave, Bismarck, ND 58503-1130
Region: United States > North Dakota > Bismarck
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Price Range: £58 - £88 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — MainStay Suites Bismarck 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your MainStay Suites Bismarck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.