“Pretty good, a couple issues” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Bismarck
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Bemidji, Minnesota
“Pretty good, a couple issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel last weekend for a conference. Overall, the room was clean, but they aren't great at dusting. I set my bag in the open storage area in the bottom of the nightstand. When I pulled it out, it the bottom was absolutely covered in dust, and a cloud exploded out of the nightstand. I don't think anyone had cleaned down there in at least 3 months for that amount of dust to appear.

My second issue was the bed. If you are a person who enjoys a VERY firm mattress, you will enjoy this. If you like even a mild bit of softness, you will be uncomfortable and not sleep well. I will say, they had a couple options for pillow thickness, so I did like that.

My husband was an attendee at a conference at this hotel. I was basically along to help out driving on the 7 hour drive, and not as an attendee, so I had free time while he was in sessions. I brought along my fire tv so I could play games, watch movies etc during the time I had to kill until he was free. I could not do this, as the tv in the room had disabled access to the 2 free hdmi ports on it. The menu button only brought up a handful of options, none of which allowed you to select an input, and the non standard remote had no menu options. This may seem like a small thing, but if you are stuck in this hotel for many hours, it would be nice to be allowed to use your gaming system. This is a hotel I would never choose to stay at with kids, or for any length of time since they leave you with only cable tv, which I don't watch, as the only option.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Laurie S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Maintennace and our IT person would have been happy to assist you with your IT problems had we known. Please feel free to ask for assitance on your next visit. We have kids hook up their gaming systems all the time. See you next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

It's convenient if you are here for conference, but if you want peace and quite in the evening...good luck! Teens running up and down hall ways, slamming doors and yelling. What did hotel staff do? Nothing. Looks like I'll be exhausted in the morning from a horrible night sleep.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Laurie S, General Manager at Ramada Bismarck, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We would have been happy to move you to another room that would have possibly been quieter, had we known. We do our best to make every guest is happy during their stay. Please let us know on your next visit and we will have you stay away from any groups.

Travellers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is still in a transition phase and some remodeling is going on however it doesn't really interfere with the quality of the stay. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was courteous and friendly. The pool area is especially neat and my son had a blast swimming and climbing the rock wall. Loved the fact that I did not have to leave the hotel for food and was able to have drinks in the lounge without worrying about getting a cab. The lounge staff was quite efficient. I never had an empty glass (until I was done anyway lol) The table tops in the lounge ate chalkboard and chalk is provided for tons of fun! All in all it was a great value and allowed me to have a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your outstanding comments about our hotel. I will make sure the staff is aware. See you on your next stay.