“Great experience”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Great experience”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I have stayed at other Days Inn and the last one in Kiismee, FL made me vow I would never stay in another. Our son booked part of our vacation and we found ourselves in Bizmarck N.D. We stayed at this Day's Inn, what a pleasant suprise. Very nice, clean, extra ammeneties, good bed. I would definately come again.
The corperate office for Days Inn needs to take some pointers in quality standards from North Dakato.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We were guoted one price on the phone the day before and then on checkout we were told we had to pay a rate that was much higher. The clerk was very short with us. Never again Days Inn. Crappy Crappy customer service.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Glendive, Montana
Reviewed 26 May 2011

My husband stayed at the Bismarck Days Inn for three days in April while I underwent a medical procedure. I stayed the first night prior to hospital admission. While we are used to the small rooms at this Days Inn location, we found excessive mold and mildew in the bathroom. Specifically the bathtub and shower tiles; all the caulking and most of the grout lines were covered in mold and mildew! There is simply no excuse for this! Yuk!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Service was excellent. It's so refreshing to experience great customer service! Beds were comfortable, older style hotel but they metioned in the middle of a remodel. I Can't wait to see the great improvements!! Hot Breakfast was awesome, didn't have to go elsewhere! I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with fridge & microwave!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank oceanlover0505
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I have never been so disgusted in a Wyndam site in my life. Please NOTE, I informed your staff of all of these problems. I travel 50% of the time and Wyndam has ALWAYS been a great place to stay. When I first arrived, I was checking everything out and found that a facecloth had the former occupant's makeup was on it. I had to take it down to the front desk and also ask for glasses, shampoo and conditioner. Because I was staying at your location, I didn't see the need to bring my own. I found broken glass, a large 7 up bottle and pistachio nut husks beside the bed. Every day, I had to make sure I had soap because the housekeeping staff took the ones I had. I went to the spa and checked the women's bathroom to change in. There was feces on the toilet seat. How incredibly gross is that and uhealthy. To add to the problems with the place, I was informed not to have dogs. Apparently no one told the 3 people who did bring their dogs. The people staying at the location apparently didn't have a problem slamming doors at all times of the night. I gave my parting comments to the front desk person about all of the problems and he told me that you were "remodeling". I don't think so, I think this is just a pat answer you use. I intend to post my HORRIBLE experience on tripadviser.com and any other site I can find. This is totally unacceptable!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank fjohnston
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Rooms were nicely done, staff were excellent and helpful. My only complaint was the heating seemed a little hot.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Moodie101
Weyburn, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Booked online and found the rooms nothing like the photos. Our room was very small. Front desk staff was very nice, but room staff were not helpful at all. If you have a do not disturb sign on your door, they will not even come back and do it later. The chambermaid was in the very next room when we left, I asked her if she could clean our room and she said "no" that she was on a schedule and it would have to wait til the next day. Never had that happen anywhere. Room had no toilet paper, and a real strange odor to it. Party in the next room, which the hotel staff told them to shut it down, but they really did not! The pool and excercise room are very nice. Breakfast was OK..bacon so thin you could read a book through, and the scrambled eggs I ordered bounced right back into my plate when I dropped them..I guess it was OK for a free breakfast.
I travel to Bismark often, but will not stay in this hotel again

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends