“Noisey property”

Radisson Hotel Bismarck
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is definitely an older property with some older property issues. I stayed here ealier this April. I was on the 4th floor. You could hear everything in this hotel. The heater/air conditioner was loud and would kick on and off constantly, you could hear doors slam shut all the way down the hall. I was next to the pop machine and heard every purchase. I could also hear the tv in the next room so clearly I could make out words being said. The train was so loud, only 2 blocks away, that when I was on the phone the person on the other end not only could hear the train but asked if my windows were open (they weren't). My sleep number bed would deflate on its own. Someone I knew down the hall said her bed would spontaneously re-inflate on its own. Needless to say, I hardly slept the first night. It was a little better the second night, but still not great.

The door slamming could be fixed or at least reduced by different types of door closures. Also there are big gaps between the room door and the frame that allow noise and light from the hall into the room.

Room service was good. This was the friendliest staff member I met and the food was pretty good. Staff members in general were ok to deal with. The front desk staff was pleasant upon check-in. However through the course of my stay, it seemed that unless you approached a staff member, you were pretty much ignored. There were not even hellos or good-morning type greetings unless you approached them.

It's in a nice downtown location for certain things, but bring your earplugs and eyemask if you want to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thanks for the review. Sorry about the noise.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed here April 15-17, 2012. Upon check in we were warmly greeted by two very nice front desk staff. I couldn't help but notice that the uniforms they wore were a bit on the unusual side. Something about the striped shirt was not right. However, I realize it's not their choice. The first impression of my room was ewww. While the common areas of the hotel seemed clean, the cleanliness of my room left much to be desired. It needed a deep cleaning--badly. There was visible dust on the edges of the carpet. The top lid on the coffee pot (where you pour in the water) was full of dust, ick. The furnishings were extremely outdated. The bathroom vanity was an odd corner shaped thing although the bathroom had plenty of space for a normal vanity. The bathroom has the tiniest trash can with a lid that you had to step on the lever to open--annoying. Just give me a regular trash can. The shower had moldy gunk and the ceiling was peeling away. I detest the sleep number beds in the Radisson. For that reason alone I will rarely stay in one. I agree with previous posts that the hotel is a bit noisy, although once asleep I didn't notice. I smelled smoke (strongly) in the hallway one evening despite ever room having a no smoking sign by it. On the plus side the free internet service was nice and the food was good. All the staff encountered were super friendly which made me forget about the room when I wasn't in there. Not sure I would stay again unless I had to.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly updated room. The other people I traveled with seemed to have one that had been more...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. We constantly are updateng and strive to improve our facility. I can only ask that you give us another try to provide you with an great experience. Thanks for the comments.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've been staying at the Radisson in Bismarck a few times a year for the last 3 years now. From the moment you walk in you can't help but be impressed. The lobby is clean and spacious and the reception desk is to your immediate right. Mindy at the front desk greats you with a great big North Dakota smile and all your road weariness just melts away. While you wait for the paperwork to be processed, Bill will ask you how he can help. And it's just like talking to your own dad or maybe Robert Young from the Marcus Welby, MD television show. On this trip I was travelling with my wife and two daughters and we felt instantly at home. The room was clean, tidy and well provisioned. Taken all together, The Radisson Bismarck is exactly what you should expect in a name brand hotel.

Room Tip: Best value for your money in the state capital.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for the great review. It is great to have folks feel like we treat them like family.
Hope to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Spent 2 nights in this hotel and from the moment I was greeted at the airport by the hotel shuttle, I knew I was in good hands. Mike is more than a bell captain - he is virtually the goodwill ambassador and hospitality committee for North Dakota. He told me about restaurants, offered the shuttle's services to take me to the restaurants and was as warm as could be. He set the tone and the reception staff followed suit. The room was clean and comfortable and I was treated like family - an amazing feet for a reasonably sized hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for the review. Always great to see we can make folks feel at home

Reviewed 10 April 2012

It's an old building with updated rooms. The room we had (standard double queen) felt VERY tight compared to most modern hotels/suites we have stayed at before. The hotel staff was friendly, but did not follow through on request for a baby crib to be sent up.

PROs --
New TVs
Clean rooms
Nice pool and spa
Good views (we were on the 8th floor)

CONs --
Weak water pressure in shower
Beds not very comfortable
Overpriced
Front desk forgot to deliver crib

Room Tip: Higher floors offer great views of city. Pool is on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for the pros and sorry for the cons. We try our best to make all of our guest go away happy. Sorry for the crib and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel is well located in downtown Bismarck. Parking was included with the stay and hotel was clean. The price was pretty high for a city that didn't seem to have a lot going on but there were really no other options. The city itself seemed a bit unsafe with not a lot of bars/restaurants to offer. Stayed here on the way to South Dakota and it was a good choice for a stop over.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thanks, your review is helpful hope to see you on your way back

Reviewed 31 March 2012

It's located in the center of town south of the Capitol. Rooms and bathrooms are small but tastefully decorated. Iron was awful. You should plan to take your luggage to room before parking because it isn't easy to go from parking ramp to room. Recommend parking on lower levels as the upper levels are often full. Desk help was friendly and helpful. It is very clean.

Room Tip: High room view was nice of city lights. Our room faced north on 9th floor and we could see the capi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NDakGirl
lesch5, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Bismarck, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you, and hope to see you again.