“Average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
ND
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because of the price, and it was fine. Our room was clean and quiet, we had no problems. Our faucet in the bathroom was due to be replaced but did not bother us. The heater easily cooked our room, we had to turn it off and crack the window. The bed was soft and comfortable, but only a full....it would have been nicer to be bigger but the room was small. The internet worked fine in our room. For the price, and for the little time we were in our we would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn K, Regional Director at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us in Bismarck and for your comments. Since your stay, we have been busy working on improvements at the hotel. We've recently taken down wall vinyl and painted and textured the walls in 50% of our guest rooms as well as doing some painting and updating to our pool area. In 2013 we replaced all of the beds in the hotel with new upgraded Simmons pillow top mattresses. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Bismarck!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Savage, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I, along with our dog, stayed here as we passed through on a road trip. We chose this hotel because they had a bar & it was New Year's Eve. The room was clean, the rate reasonable, the bed comfortable. The only disappointment was that the bar closed before 11:00 pm. The guy at the front desk didn't have any suggestions for us as to where we could celebrate NYE nearby. On the plus side, the dark shade allowed us to sleep in until 9 am.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We went to Bismarck the 9th of September for a tow truck meeting and this is we we stayed and also where the meeting was . Hotel was clean friendly and the restaurant and good food very nice and friendly staff and was in a very convenient spot very nice clean room and nice pool and fitness center thank you and we will be staying again next time we r up that way !!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank You so much for your review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your show that you went to as well. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Jamestown, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I would pass on this hotel. Although the bed was comfortable, the service was awful! I was there for a conference and the hotel rooms were hot. I tried turning on the air but nothing came out but cold air. I found out many people in my group encountered the same thing that night. One person even called down about it and the front desk person stated, " We shut the air off to save money." I had to sleep with the window open even though I was on the bottom floor. Also, when I notified the front desk that my bill was wrong, he replied, "Well you aren't paying for it." I kindly told him to fix it and he did. It was reasonable but I would gladly pay a little extra to not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am very sorry to hear that your stay was less then perfect, I apologize how your situation was handled and assure you that I have addressed this with my front desk staff. I would like to explain however that the Air Conditioning has been been turned off for the season, however not to save money but because we run the heat for the building through our boiler system. When this is turned on for the winter season the Air Conditioning does not work. I truly hope that you will decide to give us another shot at making your stay a pleasant one.

Jacob Kolander

Travellers are raving about these Bismarck hotels

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My son and I stayed one night while attending a wedding reception held at the hotel. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable and the housekeeping staff went out of their way to make sure our rooms were available and ready before having to be at the church. I am a very light sleeper and was surprised to find the room next door occupied since I heard nothing during the night except for the normal running water sounds of a hotel. The reception staff, Michelanne, Brandon and Caroline were always ready for our requests and helped to make the night a fun and enjoyable event.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank You for your recent stay with us, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

stayed only for 1 night with my son on our way to California ..it was a nice room for $109 a night ...staff were also very nice there ... I would stay here again as we had no problems ..the beds were comfy had a very nice sleep :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jacob K, General Manager at Kelly Inn Bismarck, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank You for staying with us and for your review of your stay. We are happy to hear that we provided you with great service and product and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Kind Regards
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Believe what others hava said about thin walls. I thought for one night it wouldn't be so bad. I woke up so many times through the night because of loud people. I was exhausted next morning. The walls were so thin that we could hear every detail of our neighbours' amorous evening and had to leave the TV on an extra hour to drown it out. Then at 6 am, I heard someone (pretty sure they were outside and we were on the SECOND FLOOR) having a phone conversation. That and the general vehicle noise was endless. The rooms seem to have been partly redone, but still haven't seen newer doors or dressers - hopefully that was the slight musty smell in the room. We also waited for about 5 minutes at the front desk before anybody came out of the back office to help us. Also, there is no breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple