“Good quality in the middle of nowwhere”

Fireside Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Devils Lake
Rochester, Minnesota
“Good quality in the middle of nowwhere”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My expectations were low to find a nice room on our way to Canada. The room here was nice and clean with a decent bed. My teenage daughter liked the pools and the breakfast was a pleasant surprise. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Restaurants very close by. AC can get rather chilly - unit ran all night.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Monticello, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Its not my favorite place but its ok. Breakfast is average but well looked after by the staff. Free cookies are a nice treat when done with work. They have a hospitality suite that is open 5 to 7 that is very nice! Hope to stay here next time working in Devils Lake.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed at the Fireside Inn and Suites on June 3. Check in was fast and easy although I thought the front desk attendant could have been more friendly (I don’t think she smiled once).

We stayed in a standard room with two beds for $84/night which was very reasonable. The room was comfortable and clean and had all the standard amenities (fridge, microwave, coffee maker, Wi-Fi). Breakfast was also very good.

We really liked that there was a little playground in front of the hotel. Very small but still a nice way for small children to burn off some steam.

The hotel pool area was nice and they even had some beach balls for kids to play with. The pool could have been a bit warmer as we got a little cool while swimming.

The location was convenient. Easy to find, right by Kmart, and right across the street from Mr. and Mrs. J’s Restaurant which had very good food at very reasonable prices.

Check out was very easy (and the front desk attendant this time was very friendly).

The one downside to Devils Lake (and it doesn’t have anything to do with the Fireside Inn) is that we were hoping to go to a beach. But it seemed the most accessible and only really nice beach was privately owned by another resort which you could not access unless you stayed at their property.

If you are going to Devils Lake for fishing or just passing through, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
oakdale
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights recently on a fishing trip. Hotel staff were very courteous and nice. Rooms are clean, bathrooms also clean. Complimentary breakfast was OK. There was variety but could be more flavorful. Overall, I was satisfied with the stay given the limited options in the area. Definitely would stay here again =)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Thief River Falls, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2012

CAUTION!!! CAUTION!!!! Watch out for the shower rod in your bathroom especialy if you are 6' or taller me and my father have had troubles taking showers due to the low hight of the shower heads. Other than that this was a great hotell and would stay here again. Break fast was excellent as well, over all stay was good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 February 2012

So....they may call it the fireside because the stench of smoke is inescapable. We were coming through on a trip out west and stopped there for a night. We are smokers so we got a smoking room as we do most everywhere. Upon entering, the smell was overwhelming and litterally kept us up all night. I would not send my worst enemy to sleep a night in their poorly ventilated, small rooms with low ceilings. I think I may have gotten more rest sleeping in my car. Compounding the problems, the beds were old and uncomfortable. Keep driving to Minot and stay at the Comfort Inn. Much more acceptable!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leann S
MinnesotaMitch, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello Leann,

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback.

Sometimes, even after shampooing the carpets, running the ozone machine and sanitizing a room, smoke smell can linger. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Luckily, North Dakota has passed a law now that all hotels are non-smoking, so that is no longer an issue.

We do offer newly remodeled rooms with feather comforters and pillows. We now also have top of the line bedding in all rooms.

Kind regards,

Monica
Perham, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I just can't say enough about the Fireside Inn. This is the second time in less than 3 months to stay here. This time out, it was for my grandson's 1st birthday. And, being my daughter and son-in-law live in Leeds, ND, when we come out, we stay in Devils Lake. Traveling with another daughter and her two children, that also live with me, the grands were just ecstatic that we were coming back here to stay for the weekend. (Our 1st stay was back in Oct. of 2011 for the wedding.) To make it even sweeter, I called back and upgraded our room to poolside. Yes, a bit noisy, but hey, it's kids having fun in a pool! And they have to be out by 9 p.m. I believe. My grands, Amelia (5) and Aiden (2 1/2) thought it was so neat that our room was right outside the pool. (Don't fret, the doors double bolt). Again, rooms are clean, awesome and very helpful staff. We needed a pack n play and viola....there it was. I will stay here again and again on my trips out to Leeds, North Dakota. Love the breakfast, easy access back to Hwy. 2, close to shopping.....what more can a traveler ask for?

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cindyb54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Devils Lake
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Devils Lake
Holiday Inn Express Devils Lake
Sleep Inn & Suites Devil's Lake
#1 of 1 in Devils Lake
#1 of 1 in Lakota

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!