“Nice place, but tricky with room charges”

Fireside Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Devils Lake
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Fireside Inn has nice rooms, is easily found, and was a pleasant place to stay on a rainy, windy night when we might otherwise have camped. One complaint: their website says dogs are welcome, a must for us. I made the reservation by phone, didn't mention our dog because of the web info, and neither was I asked. I was quoted an ok rate. At checking I saw a notice that an undeclared dog would cause wrath to descend, so I mentioned the dog. Consternation ensued. Our room was changed (to keep animal allergens to limited rooms, which is a good idea), I signed a 2-page "contract" and agreed to pay a $10 pet fee. Fine. No problem. At checkout, though, my bill was about $10 more than I'd expected. Turns out the room they switched me to when we arrived cost more than they said at check-in. The desk clerk shrugged when I pointed out the undisclosed change. This marred an otherwise fine stay. I know more now about ensuring I nail down all the details when making a reservation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joy P
Monica S, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello Joy,

I am sorry to hear about the confusion. I double checked our website to make sure there wasn't anything misleading.

Here is what our website says: We have 10 Pet Friendly Rooms. Dogs are welcome in certain rooms, with a maximum of two dogs per room. The charges will be $10 per night, per pet.

You were probably quoted a 1 queen room price since initially the pet wasn't mentioned; however, the pet rooms are all 2 queen rooms, our 2 queen rooms are $11 more than our 1 queen rooms. Next time, we update our website, we will look into adding that.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Very nice and reasonable. Just what the doctor ordered. Also, very convenient in/out of the highway and good restaurants nearby. Perfect for a 1-night stay. Would definitely recommend it to my friends and family. If you are traveling through, perfect place to stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raul P

Hello Raul,

Thank you for the kind words. We are always glad to get feedback. We hope to see you soon!

Best,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Wonderful people and wonderful hotel. The concierge is a great place to go after working! Will gladly stay here again and again when in devils lake nd! And a very clean hotel also. Just would like the concierge open later seeing as we work later than the hours it is open.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Dominicgage
Monica S, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi Dominic,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, we know your time is valuable. We are always happy to get feedback. Thank you for your kindness.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The rooms were very clean, the breakfast was great, The beds and comforters gave me the best night sleep, too many other Hotels skimp on blankets and you sleep either cold or with the heater running all night, When you travel a lot a good bed is needed at the end of the day, this was a great stay and I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Philip M
Monica S, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello Philip,

Thank you so much for the great review. We have been working hard to make sure our bedding is top of the line and we are happy that you were comfortable. We are pleased that you had such a great experience.

Best,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had the opportunity to utilize the conference center accommodations, staff was very helpful and pleasant to boot! Well kept, clean environment, and the beds slept great! Good location with easy access.

Room Tip: Conference room spacious and roomy, very user friendly.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Blm70

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have updated all our bedding, we know how important the beds are to the customer. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I traveled from Oregon to Devil's Lake North Dakota twice - once in November and again this February. What a great, cozy place to stay in the middle of winter.............warm, well-managed, helpful and comfortable. Best breakfast in town with competent welcoming staff. I will be back this summer and look forward to my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard R
MinnesotaMitch, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the kind words. We will continue to do our best to make your stay as hospitable as possible. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

This place is staggeringly normal. Service is fine, its clean. Breakfast is ok. The walls can be thin, when someone noisy moves in next door. Overall, its just ok. Nothing spectacular. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Plpeterse
MinnesotaMitch, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hello,

Thank you for selecting our hotel and for offering your feedback. We carefully consider guest suggestions and we continuously strive to do our best and make improvements when necessary.