“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Devils Lake
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Devils Lake
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

On a trip through North Dakota I ended up needing to overnight in Devils Lake. I admit I am very picky about hotels I stay in so I had some concern, but as soon as I got here my concerns were alleviated. This hotel is very clean and well maintained, staff is phenomenal, and the beds were very comfortable. Good equipment in the exercise room and space to workout were icing on the cake. I will definitely stay here again! Highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sean_hansen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel was clean and tidy and relatively new - within the last few years, as it did not exist the last time we visited Devils Lake. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful, as well as the hostess in the breakfast room each morning (I believe her name was Patty, who did a great job!) The beds were comfy and the room, even though close to the breakfast room, workout room and ice machine, was relatively quiet. We would stay here again if we visit DL again.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the elevators and if you want extra quiet, not on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had a reservation for one night, arrived around 8pm....check in was quick and easy. It was March 31st and I was hearing about bad weather heading our way. Asked about it at the front desk and the young women extended my stay by a night just in case and told me I could cancel by 11 the next morning if the storm didn't materialize without penalty. Room was spotless and bed was very comfortable. Well the storm arrived and I was grateful to have a warm, dry, and safe place to stay. The woman who sets up the breakfast area was AWESOME!!! She was warm and inviting and super helpful. She made sure I had food for lunch since we were clearly not going anywhere. I am most grateful and will DEFINITELY stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel has a nice pool and better than average workout room as well. I was on the 3rd floor (top floo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RJFfromCO
Coldwater, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Check in was quick, all bonus cards were suggested by the staff person for discounts. The next morning, breakfast was amazing, staff were fabulous and just the best. If I find myself back in Devils Lake, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is all non smoking and no noise is heard when the place is full.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cd w
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was only 2 hours from home, but falling asleep at the wheel. Decided to try and see if there was a room available. To my dellight, on a Friday night at that, they were able to accomodate me and my 1 year old daughter. We were even able to upgrade to the Suite so we could have a refrigerator and microwave for the babies food/milk. The hotel was beautiful and clean. The desk staff was super friendly and helpful, breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Great variety of foods to choose from. I did have a couple of issues that came up, but the staff handled it like champs. Resovled my issues, were very apologetic and kind. The lady in the breakfast area was so funny and kind! She wouldn't allow me to clean up after myself or my 1 year old and was constantly offering stuff for the baby! She's an amazing employee for this hotel. I would definately stay here again if I ever needed to. The shower head was awesome, best shower I've had in a long time and the bed/pillows were super comfortable. Oh, the fitness is room is large, and they have a pool too!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Mayville, North Dakota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

The crew here is so on top of things--you don't need to ask for anything! The front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast staff were all amazing. There are a lot of choices for breakfast, and everything is stocked steadily. The coffee bar has plenty of options from which to choose. The motel is also very quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janna R
Gassville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I arrived to the hotel on business around 7:30pm. I was promptly checked in and given a quick run down of hotel and surrounding area. Rooms were clean with newer beds, carpet and televisions. The entire staff was very cordial and pleasant. There was one lady in particular (I do believe her name was Patty) that took care of the morning breakfast and breakfast area. She was such an asset to this hotel, very nice always making sure all the guests had everything they needed and went above and beyond. This was like her personal restaurant and did a great job catering to everyone. She would not allow the guests to clear their own table and would bring any additional items you might need once you sat down. One afternoon I came in and jokingly asked her for a banana and from that point on she always gave me one everytime she saw me.

I travel quite a bit with my job and it is refreshing to see this kind of hospitality. There is no telling how many people are return customers because of her attitude and dedication. I will definately stay her again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Devils Lake
Sleep Inn & Suites Devil's Lake
#1 of 1 in Devils Lake
#1 of 1 in Lakota

Been to Holiday Inn Express Devils Lake? Share your experiences!