“leave as you can”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Devils Lake
fargo nd
“leave as you can”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

it's just filthy bathroom is messy they need to clean more I think someone should call a health inspector just leave as fast as you can it's just messy that should just do the hole hotel agen it sucks the location sucks the breakfast sucks the all they had was muffins bagels and boiled eggs on ice rill if it's boiled it should stay hot no cold like the hotel shud just be gone I think that should just brake the hole thing just go as you can don't make a book just don't plz don't get me started on how messy it is every thing is messy just run

• Stayed July 2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ndangane, Senegal
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I do not mind if we stay at a hotel that's not fancy but do expect to have a clean room. The bathroom was awful, hair on the tub,toilet seat and sink. The shower curtain had mold ,which they did replace when I asked, two hours later. There was Mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. Dust everywhere. I actually went to Kmart bought cleaning supplies and cleaned so room 121 was cleaner when we left than when we arrived. Staff attitude was not caring about anything. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a standard room. The door would not even shut unless you slammed it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Devils Lake hotels

Okoboji, Iowa
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Came in expecting a motel catering to construction workers and hunters/fishermen. Exactly what I got. I stayed in the older section, and it was adequate. As a hunter, I understand why the rooms are furnished in the manner that they are. Not new, but functional and roomy and they allow pets (for a surcharge). They have a designated area for cleaning fish and birds which is handy. They also have a nice greenspace out back for airing out the dogs.

Room Tip: Use the new area if you want a new room, or the unimproved wing if you have pets.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We are working in the area and our company was paying for our rooms. When I was first told we would be staying there I trip advised this hotel and was not happy with what I read. Upon checking in I mention this to Melanie at the front desk and she informed me that they were in the process of updating thier hotel and the east wing was just finished this week! She then called my company for me to see if we could be put into the update area..which have new carpet...new queen beds..coffee maker...microwave...fridge and flat screen tv thankfully my company said yes! There is a lounge in this hotel with very good food and very friendly service! All and all Im very pleased with our stay and very thankful for Melanie calling to see if we could be upgraded! The east side is fully remodled and they are planning on doing the west side next. They value thier customers and are working on making this hotel once again a great clean friendly place to stay in Devils Lake North Dakota!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank weldersgirl
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My family spent the weekend here and found that the hotel does not follow their own policies. We went out for the morning before check out time at 11am, when we came back before 11am to clear our things out of the room for check out, we found that our stuff were missing. We were able to finally locate our things. The housekeeper had them. After careful inspection we found some of our personal belongings were missing. When we reported this to the front desk, nothing was done. We called back a few days later to see if our things turned up, even spoke to the supervisor, who "looked into the situation." The hotel apparently has a policy that says things can't be removed from the rooms before check out and without it being reported first to the front desk. Neither of the policies were followed and we were told nothing could be done about it. So before you stay at this place, make sure you lock up everything and check out well ahead of time or they'll take your things.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Susie S
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 22 June 2011

The blond gal, with glasses, at the front desk was rude, We had to stand in line for 45 minutes because they wouldn't take registrations before 3 PM, the door knob on the hallway was nearly falling off, the shower curtain had mold on it. The whole place needed a clean up and freshening. Too high a price for what we got.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else !
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Carsbruce
Fargo
Reviewed 8 June 2009

This has to of been the worst hotel experience I have ever been a part of. I read these reviews quite often and most of the time the hotel is better than what the majority of the comments have listed, but this place is an absolute joke, from the rooms, to the staff, to the non-existent customer service. Do yourself a favor and the headache, by staying somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Express Devils Lake
#1 of 1 in Devils Lake
Sleep Inn & Suites Devil's Lake
#1 of 1 in Lakota

Been to Great American Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!