“Desperate need of updating”
Review of Nodak Motel

Nodak Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dickinson
Nodak Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Reviewed 6 July 2013

While our room was clean enough, it was in dire need of repair and updating. The ceiling tiles were falling apart. The dog area was full of droppings and weeds. Expensive for what it was. Beds were HARD. Pillows were hard.

Room Tip: Seems to be in a not great area of town. If trains bother you, do NOT stay there - it's right ac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Candee S
There are newer reviews for Nodak Motel

Reviewed 13 June 2013

If you are planning on stopping in Dickinson, this is the place to stay. The room we were in had some updates and it was very comfortable. We will keep it in mind, so if we are in the area again we would stay there. The 60.00 price was a great! Thank you for the nice comfortable room.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2012

If you wish to stay at a credible property and are a non smoker, don't even consider this place.
My wife and I do at least one, sometimes two lengthy road trips across Canada or the U.S.A. each year, and we have always use TripAdvisor for assisting us to choose where we planned to stay each night. Although the rate for the Nodak Motel in Dickinson, North Dakota was only $60.00 per night (almost too good to be true when most of the other properties we checked were more than doubled), all the TripAdvisor reports we read on this property were positive.
We made reservations by phone in early August, 2012 for a non smoking room for early September. I stressed the importance of having a clean, non smoking room as my wife is severely allergic to residual room odours such as detergents fungicides, insectisides, but patrticularly tobacco. Scott assured me there would be no problem. When I asked him for a confirmation for this reservation, he told me my confirmation was his name "Scott".
When we drove into this property at 4:35 PM, we were quite anxious about our accommodation as this was obviously a Mom & Pop hotel dating back to the 1960s or 70's, with very few upgrades, appeared to be in an older, less favorable part of town and the clients we noticed who had already checked in, had their pet dogs with them, one being a pit bull.
Scott wanted to register us immediately on arrival, but, as we always do, I asked him to show us the room first. When he opened the door I took one step in, and although the room appeared to be neat, tidy and clean, I knew we could not stay here because of the over powering odour of stale tobacco.
I asked him to show us another room, but he said he was booked up and when I explained why we could not stay here, I asked him for a cancellation confirmation. He said he couldn't do that because 4:00 PM was his cancellation deadline (we did not have a confirmation of this condition), but he told us if he could rent the room that same night he would not charge us for it.
Needless to say, we stayed at another very nice property that night in Dickinson.
Two nights later, I checked my credit card statement on the internet and found Scott had already charged my account. When we got home three weeks later, the charge was still there, with no off-setting credit, and when I brought this to the attention of my credit card company, I was told they could not do anything because I did not have a confirmation for this reservation, stipulating a non smoking room.
The good news here is that we have had an old principle confirmed: if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is, and hopefully learned a new one: be very wary if you can not get a confirmed confirmation when making hotel reservations.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John G
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This was a very clean room and quite large for the money. There is no refrigerator or microwave and they have those ridiculous water saving shower heads installed so my shower took forever but other than that it was a great place to stay. This is an older hotel so don't expect fancy but it is well
kept. There were some people next door being noisy after 10:00 but the room muffled most of the noise.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ketchikan2000
Reviewed 29 June 2012

With all of the other hotels and motels in Dickinson charging $100+ due to the oil boom, we weren't expecting much for $60. What we got at the Nodak was a clean room and a great place to sleep. All of the staff members we encountered were very friendly. They are the only hotel in Dickinson that hasn't raised their prices due to the oil boom. Do your wallet a favor and stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank PanthersFan510
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I first stayed here 8+ years ago and I'll never stay anywhere else in Dickinson!!! The owner Scott and all his staff are the nicest people you'll eve meet!! It's one of the cleanest mom n pop motels I've ever stayed in! I'm a sales rep, traveling 7 of 8 weeks so I've seen my share of crappy hotels! I go to Dickinson every 7-8 weeks and if Scott doesn't have a room for me, he lets me stay in a spare bedrooms in his house!!! The rates are great and it's very convenient to have a fridge/microwave in the room. Smoking rooms are hard to come by, especially at the "chain" hotels, so it's great to find a place that doesn't make you feel like a 2nd class citizen! I would highly recommend this motel to anyone coming to visit SE ND!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Rochelle O
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Gotta tell you, the rooms, the staff, the whole place was a treat! They were helpful, friendly and the rooms were modern and comfortable. Granted, they may not have been as slick as the motels on the interstate that charge $150 per night but they had a clean, homey feel to them. I was quite pleased with my stay. The owner has quite a sense of humor and was willing to share stories about the local flavor. If I had to have a negitive it would have to be their sign. Yep, their sign is terrible and hard to see from the street. Other than that, they will always be my first choice when in Dickinson.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo