“Not deserving of Tripadvisors 3-star rating”

Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Boston
“Not deserving of Tripadvisors 3-star rating”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I travel to Fargo monthly and usually stay at a 2-star hotel booked on Priceline that I find perfectly satisfactory (Arbuckle Lodge, Comfort Inn, etc.). On this recent trip my wife joined me so I decided to "upgrade" and book a 3-star hotel. Mistake. While larger and having more amenities this hotel has off decidely lower quality than the 2-start hotels I usually stay at. Our room smelled like mildew and the internet was extremely slow. The housekeeping was questionable as they didn't even clean my room the first day. Even after I complained to the front desk the cleaning was sub-par. My room was not vacuumed as evidenced by a scattering of cookie crumbs I accidently spilled by my bed that was still there the next day. I think the cleaning staff in general has an aversion to vacuuming as I found my hallway to be filthy with lots of debris.

Breakfast was over-priced and sub-par. (We ate out of the hotel every morning except the first.)

Bottom line, not worth the higher cost compared to Fargo's lower rated hotels (I'm referring to Tripadvisor's categorization, not the user ratings.)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank RKDuke
Samuel P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your honest feedback as it helps us improve our service and property. On behalf of the staff and management I'd like to apologize for the negative aspects of your stay. It's disappointing to hear we did not exceed your expectations with our normal friendly and attentive service. Making our guests feel welcome and anticipating their needs are two of our top priorities, but it seems we fell short during your stay. We are truly sorry and would love to have another chance to show you the hospitality we are widely known for. Thank you again for your review and we hope to redeem ourselves the next time your are in the Fargo area!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

10 minutes from the airport. Prompt and friendly staff. Lots of kids enjoying the 150 ft water slide and pool while I was able to get a good workout while watching them. Food at Basies was very good, kid friendly menu. The rooms were clean and updated. The business center has three complementary computers which is a plus. I enjoyed the stay and would come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Samuel P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
We really appreciate you sharing your feedback, Dale, about your recent stay with us at the Ramada Plaza and Suites. We are delighted to hear you found our staff both helpful and friendly, our food good, and our rooms updated and clean! We look forward to welcoming you back with open arms the next time you find yourself in Fargo.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Ramada Inn Fargo. By chance we had actually booked another hotel that was unable to accommodate us with our request for connecting rooms so we went next door to the Ramada - connecting rooms no problem - problem solved. Check in was fast, efficient & the customer service was top-notch (Thank you Sally!)

The rooms we had were suites - 2 queen beds, a small wet bar area with a microwave & fridge, a sitting area with a full sized pull out couch, a chair, coffee table and an additional table to sit at with 2 chairs. These rooms are very spacious - even with all of this furniture they were not cramped. Very clean & beautifully decorated. There is a TV in the bedroom plus an additional TV in the sitting area.

We did not eat at the on site restaurant however during our stay (Monday & Tuesday evening) they offered a complimentary drink & appie in the lounge as a Manager's special. We skipped this as we had a young child with us who we were unable to bring into the lounge with us.

The pool area which we did make use of consists of a kiddie pool with a water mushroom, separate swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and the best part for the kids of course is the waterslide. The really nice part about the set up is that the slide has it's own pool so it does not disrupt any of the swimming in the regular pool. The slide pool is only 3' deep as well so it's suitable for smaller kids without a life jacket. The hotel does provide life jackets as well by the way. The pool area was clean and well staffed. You are unable to bring your own beverages into the area as they have a bar/restaurant counter set up inside & you must purchase your items from there. The pool was well attended with staff who made sure that order was kept which was appreciated. There were some rowdy young adults in the pool Tuesday night which the staff dealt with promptly.

They do have pool side rooms although they are just a window that over looks the pool area. This was not one of our rooms although I did speak to a couple of families who were assigned those rooms and they said they were not humid nor noisy as some poolside rooms can be.

We had a great stay. My only complaint which was lodged with the front desk was today on check out day the housekeeper started banging on our door at 9am and by 11am she had been there 4 times, once even letting herself into my room as I stood in the hallway with some of my luggage telling her I was still occupying it. Check out is at noon. It was a bit much. Once again the front desk assured me they would speak to the housekeeping staff about it - great customer service.

Kids will love the pool. Adults will love the rooms & location. Very close to West Acres and so many great places to eat. It's my new favourite place to stay in Fargo and we will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
First and foremost, we would like to send out a big THANK YOU for your wonderful review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about the Ramada Plaza and Suites of Fargo. We are delighted you were able to enjoy every aspect of our hotel, as well as the service our dedicated staff provides. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Sally, as well as our entire staff for their "top-notch customer service." This is exactly what we are aiming for! We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you back our way!

Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a great surprise!! We loved this hotel. We booked with Hotwire and were so pleased with this Hotel. The staff are fantastic and the pool area is great for kids and adults as well. The front desk staff were always smiling and extremely helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds are sooo comfortable. I can't say enough about this hotel. You won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Samuel P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
What a great review! We are so glad you chose the Ramada Plaza and Suites of Fargo. I may be a little biased, but I do agree about our Front Desk staff as I think we have the best in the area! Your comments about the staff are appreciated and we will be sure to share with them. Plan another weekend soon so the kids can take another trip down our 150 foot waterslide or just the adults, either way it's a blast for all! We hope to see you back soon!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had booked a room with 2 double beds and were informed at check-in that we had a free upgrade to a suite with 2 queen beds. That was unexpected but very appreciated! The staff was helpful, the place was clean, the beds were comfortable, and we couldn't come up with any ideas for improvement. It was great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Kaley K, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you, Jan, for the five star review of your recent stay at the Ramada Plaza & Suites! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us how we are doing! I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade!! We hope to see you again soon!
North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stay I definitely recommend it the hotel was clean and affordable. I'm not going to say it's one of the best hotels in Fargo but it's definitely not the worst. If you're coming into town give it a shot you won't be disappointed.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you, Brant, for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay! I am pleased to hear that we provided you with an exceptional stay and that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel! Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!