“Comfortable and clean”

Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Comfortable and clean”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for two nights while in Fargo for a concert. The room was fairly small and basic but comfortable and had all we needed. I liked that there was no wall to wall carpeting, just a laminate floor with a smaller area rug. The breakfast was good and we appreciated the waffle maker. We didn't see any signs on the freeway going into Fargo and the hotel was difficult to find. The front desk staff were friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo. We strive to provide every guest with superior service, so your feedback is important to us. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Everything was fine. The staff was friendly, room was clean. The only complaint; I spilled my soda on the carpet, I used a wash cloth to clean it up and the wash cloth was black from the dirt in the carpet. It was gross but I'm sure that would of been the case at any hotel. That's why I never go barefoot in a hotel. Next I'm in Fargo I will stay there again.

Stayed July 2014
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo. Guest feedback is important as we are always trying to better our product and services. I will look into the issue with the carpet and get that taken care of right away. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The high mark for this stay is the service. The staff was helpful and they had free fresh baked cookies (nice touch). The facility is in reasonable shape although there was a musty smell, but that might be due to the humid spell Fargo was having when I was there. The fitness center was nice (difficult to find), the pool was small and nice, the breakfast was nice and well supplied. The hotel room was clean and wireless worked great. Thank God the air conditioner worked well. The low points was the musty smell and of course the fire alarm going off around midnight. I can't really hold the staff responsible for the fire alarm although it took them three times to get it to reset.

Room Tip: Ground floor is probably something to avoid if possible since you can easily hear any foot traffic a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for commenting on your latest stay in Fargo, ND. Guest feedback is important so we can better our services to our guests. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm going off. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. I will share your comments with them. We hope to see you again when you visit Fargo.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was my first stay at a Red Roof Inn, and I was really impressed with the front desk staff. My room was very nice except for a dampness which was a result, I think, of a very heavy rainstorm the previous day. When I mentioned it to the front desk lady the next morning, she apologized profusely and even made an adjustment to my bill, which I didn't request or expect. The room, although small, was very comfortable. I liked the fact that it did NOT have wall-to-wall carpeting - the floor was either hardwood or something like Pergo - and it was spotless! Nice pool and jacuzzi as well. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jane T
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo. We get many compliments on the hardwood floors and have to agree that we like them better too. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be coming back. We look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the weekend after the 4th, what a delight it was. People were very friendly and very helpful, went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had what we needed. Haven't this kind of service at any hotel in a long long time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I would like to thank your for commenting on your stay with us in July. I am glad to hear that you received excellent service during your stay. Here at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo we strive to provide everyone with superior service. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel has the walls and ceilings made of paper. You can hear every noise beside and above you. You can hear persons conversations, toilets flushing, showers running, and because of the partial laminate floors you can hear every foot step from persons walking. The hotel is also close to the highway and you can hear the traffic.
Yes it is clean but if you cannot sleep what difference does it make. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo. I am sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. We value guest feedback so we can improve our services and make our hotel better for our guests. Thank you again for bringing these problems to our attention. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior quality and excellent service.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

By far this hotel is a great value, has wonderful accommodations and the most pleasant staff at the front desk. They are more than helpful, they are professional, willing to provide you local information and very friendly.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The higher numbers on each floor are closer to the lobby, breakfast room, internet, pool and fitness...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for you kind words regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you next time.