Holiday Inn Fargo
US$231
US$215
Hotel Donaldson
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsping pongpool areapoolside roompirate themelife jacketsvideo gamesthe west acres mallwater slidesgreat for kidshot tubbirthday partyadjoining roomsbed was comfortablegreat poolwould stay againcleaning staffconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Holiday Inn in Fargo North Dakota. The cost was $130 for a one bed room. The room was very outdated and the TV was very poor quality I had no microwave or refrigerator in my room. The bathroom was dirty. I was able to hear the people next to me in the other room. They partied all night long and kept me up.I will never stay at that hotel again. You are better off going to a super 8 hotel and saving your money.

• Stayed: August 2013
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your dissapointment with our hotel. We value your comments and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns. We are in the process of rectifying some of your concerns by going thru a remodeling process that will give our rooms an updated feel that I think you would be happy with. We currently have remodeled about 20% of our rooms and will be conducting renovation on a floor by floor basis so that the renovations have very little guest impact. Hopefully you try our hotel again and let us know if we have addressed your concerns. We really care about your experience and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to take care of you again. Sincerely, Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed for a wedding that we were in and by the time we went to the room it was late and we were extremely tired. We reserved a non-smoking room, but when I opened the door, we were blasted with the stench of cigarette smoke. The smoke smell was so bad that I woke up numerous times just from the foul smell. My eyes were red and my throat was sore in the morning, which I believe to be from the smoke. It was like sitting in a bingo hall or old bar all night. If that weren't bad enough, the carpet in the room was sticky. It felt like someone had dumped soda all over the floor in that room; it was beyond disgusting, I couldn't stand to put my bare feet on the carpet. Had it not been for the time of night and my exhaustion, I would have been up at the front desk demanding a different room. Between this garbage dump of a room in Fargo and the dump in Spearfish, SD, I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn again ever.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear SJLND2,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I am disappointed to hear that we have failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort caused by the smell in your room and the level of cleanliness. We value the negative comments, so kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Thank you again for posting your comments. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manger
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I almost always stay here on business--the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful, and the food is excellent--highly recommended!

The on-site bar has a great selection of beverages, and theree is also gambling on site if you have the urge.

Room Tip: Ask for the back tower rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

We appreciate your ongoing patronage of our hotel. We are happy that you have chosen us as your hotel of choice in Fargo. Thanks for taking the time to leave such nice comments. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2013

we had a conference at the civic center and our rooms were arranged before our arrival. first thing we noticed.....3 small dead bugs on the bathroom floor. we inspected the beds and they were fine, then the floor. Oh, my, goodness....we gathered up a couple dozen items (clipped nails, fuzz, hair, ???? unidentifiable objects). we took them to the office in the morning and the girl was very friendly and sorry. she applied a credit for $20. if it had NOT been a company trip I would have requested another room. on an UPnote....great beds and great airconditioner.

Room Tip: get an upper room and one away from the pool (very noisy)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear ssmiller,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the unusual condition of the room you received. Our housekeeping staff strive to ensure our rooms are well kept and held to the highest standard. Nevertheless, we have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure the issues you mentioned are addressed.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel all my life and it never disappoints. The reason to stay here is the pool area. This is an old-school Holiday Inn that has a Holidome. It has a pirate theme swim area. There are a couple slides for smaller children. Adults will like that there is concession stand selling drinks, etc. right in the pool area. We had a large group of family staying at the hotel. We all spread out in the lounge area by the pool at the tables and had plenty of room. There is also a bar in the hotel, if that is your thing. We didn't go in there this trip so I can't give any review of the bar. The hotel is right across the road from the mall with shopping all around. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. Bathroom showing its age.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra money to get a poolside first floor room if you plan on using the pool a lot and have kids.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

It's great to hear that you enjoy our Shipwreck Bay Water Playland as well as the rest of our hotel. We are thankful to have completed the renovation of this area so that our guests can continue to enjoy this area with it's all new updated look and feel. Thank yuou so much for your comments and suggestions regarding our hotel. Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager