“Average - nothing great!”
Review of Holiday Inn Fargo

Holiday Inn Fargo
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Verona
“Average - nothing great!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms have absolutely NO ventilation for the showers - after 4 family members showering our room was super-humid and damp from this continuously happening.

Rest of hotel is average - attended a wedding and the ball rooms are very nice along with the pool area!

• Stayed September 2013
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. We certainly understand the concern with humidity after a whole family showers. It's nice to hear you enjoyed our pool area as well as the event in our Great Hall. We look forward to taking care of you again soon. Sincerely, Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Winnipeg
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel for the kids pool area. A few sizes of life jackets are provided as are towels. There are tables and chairs as well as loungers set up.

There is a shallow area with two slides that is great for toddlers/smaller kids. It is sectioned off from the other area which is good to keep the little ones in the shallow area, but the set up doesn't allow you to watch other kids in the deeper water.

The deeper water has another slide and a spraying hose the kids can use to spray into the pool from the ship. I believe the water was 2'6" to 3'6" in this area.

Unfortunately there were three "accidents" in one day where the pool had to be cleared for several hours at a time. Disappointing when you are paying a premium price for a hotel with a pool.

Hotel lobby is spacious with additional seating and coffee in the mornings. There is a touch screen tv with a map. Front desk staff were courteous and knowledgable.

There is an elevator to the second floor. The room is nicely decorated and clean. (Although the rugs were filthy) Two double beds, chair, computer desk and chair, shelf unit with microwave and fridge, dresser and large flat screen TV. Air conditioning unit was quiet and worked well. Bathroom was small, but clean with good water pressure and toiletries.

We found the hotel fairly quiet even with weddings.

Reataurant on site - review submitted under the restaurant category.

• Stayed September 2013
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to you and your family returning to our hotel on your next visit. Sincerely, Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager
jax
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Ok...the price shows they're a bit proud of the place.its good if you have kids because of the pool/waterpark area.and lounge if you dont have kids! My biggest gripe is the AC which constantly turns off at 75.the little energy motion sensors are a PITA.

• Stayed August 2013
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We are glad you took some time to review our hotel. We thank you for doing so. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy yourself in our lounge as well as poolside. Our guests typically are able to have a great time in either of those two areas. I am a little concerned about your comment about our AC and hope you would be able to take the time to call me and let me know some specifics of what you experienced as I want to clarify the problem. Perhaps it was a problem just in your room and I can have it corrected so that we don't have the same concern voiced by another guest. We do care about your experience and want you to be able to enjoy a comfortable, safe and clean room at our hotel. If able, please call me directly at 701-277-7322. Thanks and have a great day. Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager
Reviewed 3 September 2013

What's not to love when you get the chance to play Black Jack and Pig Wheel! The Dealers are really accommodating and friendly.
The hotel is your average Holiday Inn...clean rooms, pool area, decent restaurant. The price is right. What's not to like?

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
It's fun to hear stories about our guests and their enjoyment of the casino located in our lounge. We thank you for your nice comments and look forward to your next stay at our hotel. Thank you, Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager
Michigan, North Dakota
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I cannot believe they get by charging $120+ a night for a room. We had a king size bed room with AAA discount. The furniture is chipped and marred, the wallpaper slapped on walls that were not sanded after being repaired, the wallpaper is shredding at the seams, there was black mold in the caulk around the tub, there were at least 2 screws missing from the curtain rod and my husband had to hook up the sink plunger so the sink could drain. The only reason we will ever come back is when our granddaughter is old enough to enjoy the pool. For $7 more a night, we have reservations at another hotel in Fargo for the end of September at a hotel where we will have a suite with a kitchen, living room, and full hot breakfast. AND the rooms are beautiful. And clean.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your comments and take your dissapointment seriously. We obviously did not live up to our side of the deal in making sure your room was comfortable and clean. We have just completed renovation on several of our rooms as well as the pool area. We will continue to renovate our rooms on a floor by floor basis so as to not affect our guests until we have completed the renovation. If able, I'd like to hear more about your experience if you would be willing to give me a call at 701-277-7322 or email me at shagen@fargohi.com. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Fargo hotels

kampala
Reviewed 3 September 2013

holiday inn is a class apart. the first time we arrived at the hotel,we were checked in with a smile of welcome.when i opened my room a good scent of good housekeeping engulfed my tiredness after 19hrs of flight aboard sn brussels and united air, and a smaller chatter from chicago to fargo.in the morning after my workout in the jim i headed strieght to the restaurant for breakfast and i was served less than the time i thought it would take because it was too early for morning work to start.hot coffee at all times and fress apples to take as you move to your room.as the day gets warmer thereis always a fress cold juice at your own service waiting,oh i appriate holliday in with their ever ready to serve staff at hand.

Room Tip: higher floors have less a/c unit noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
It's a pleasure to read your comments. We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and we hope you have the opportunity to stay with us on your next visit to Fargo. Thank you. Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel has a very nice swimming area and we enjoyed it but the rooms are kind of gross. They have tried to update them with different bedding and vanity but you can tell it's just lipstick on a pig. The bathrooms was so small you had to maneuver just to be able to shut the door. Then the door didn't even shut all the way. The ceiling above the shower had some strange black areas in the corner (mold?). The hotel restaurant was not good at all and the service was awful. We opted to skip the breakfast buffet and order off the menu and I thought our waiter was going to kill us, he seemed so upset he actually had to deliver our food. Then what we did order was not very good, we should have just went to Perkins or Denny's. I'll only stay here again if I absolutely have no other options.

Room Tip: Good luck.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I apologize for your dissatisfaction with your stay and hope that you will give us another opportunity to take care of you and your family. I assure you that I will follow-up on your comments and do my best to address your concerns. We care about your perception of our hotel and I would appreciate your giving me a call at your convenience so that I can get some more details on your stay. I look forward to speaking with you. Please give me a call at 701-277-7322 to discuss or feel free to email me at shagen@fargohi.com. Sincerely, Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager