“BE WARNED --- No longer pet friendly” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Fargo

Holiday Inn Fargo
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Montreal, Canada
“BE WARNED --- No longer pet friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Trip Advisor needs to update their info on this hotel. They no longer accept pets. This has been my go-to hotel in Fargo for years when traveling across the country, which I do every summer. I just booked a room, then just had this feeling that I should double check their pet policy and voila, They no longer have one. I would have been very disappointed to have booked my usual room and arrive only to find out my dog wasn't allowed. So long Holiday Inn Fargo. You will no longer be my stop on the road.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We certainly understand your disappointment that we do not allow pets any longer. We made that decision last year and I will be sure to follow-up with TripAdvisor to make sure that the information is updated. We wish you the best in your travels and would love to take care of you again should you be traveling without your pet. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here in July 2014 as part of a family vacation. The hotel is in a great location just off the interstate and walking distance from the West Acres mall.

Check-in was prompt and courteous, our room was a fair walk away from the pool but it was spacious and comfortable, with the exception of a noisy air conditioner cycling on and off all night (we had to shut it off to get some sleep).

The pool area is well catered for families with children, with a pirate ship play structure, several slides and a hot tub. We spent a lot of time there and our kids enjoyed it thouroughly.

We would've given our stay at this hotel 3 or 4 stars if it weren't for the food quality and service at the restaurant. We ate there a few times for breakfast; the service was slow even though there were only 4 or 5 tables in use, it took 45 minutes to cook bacon and eggs?! Both times a side dish was missing and the pancakes were the size of drink coaster. What really bothered us though was the time we ate dinner there. We ordered a hamburger with no onions or tomatoes; not only did it take the kitchen over an hour to make it but it then the meal came out with onions and tomatoes on it. Obviously, the server realized this as soon as he brought the food out and *TRIED* to discretely remove these from the burger with his fingers without us noticing. My daughter saw this and told us. We immediately sent it back only to have to wait another 15 minutes for the dish to return (with the wrong side order). We would recommend eating at the nearby Santa Lucia or Paradiso instead.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jp W
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We thank you for taking the time to complete a review and your input about your experience is valuable to us. It's nice to hear that the main portion of your stay was nice, but it's troubling to hear that your dining experiences were poor. I assure you that I will follow-up on this as it's important that every aspect of your stay is good. We usually pride ourselves on our food quality and service, so I want to apologize. We hope on your next trip to Fargo that you will choose our hotel. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager
Culpeper, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had great difficulty booking a room in Fargo. The Holiday Inn was available. It is located along a major road, directly across the street from a major shopping mall and close to major chain restaurants. The room was very spacious - we had a king suite. The A/C was noisy and something rattling in it.. Plenty of hot water and the bed was comfortable. The TV had loads of HD programming, which is provided by Dish, During a major storm we lost service briefly, which is expected. Overall, the stay was OK. The WiFi worked well for one device. Housekeeping does a nice job cleaning. Our room was in the tower section of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I want to thank you for such a well written and informative review. We apologize for the noise from the Air Conditioner and assure you that when we hear about maintenance issues such as this we can usually fix them rather quickly. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and hope that on your next visit to the area you can choose our hotel again. Thank You, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager
Siren, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a older Holiday Inn. The room was nice. The bathroom could have been updated, or minor improvements could be made. The tub/shower needs updating, new calking...moldy! Also, during the night the air conditioning system shut-off...woke up sweating...later found out that there's an automatic shutoff???

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We appreciate your taking the time to give some feedback on your stay. We apologize that it didn't live up to your expecations. We do care about your stay and I will share your comments. We hope that you give us the opportunity to take care of you in the future. Sincerely, Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager
Dresser, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

WiFi did not work in my first room in the main hotel, so I was sent to a newer section adjacent to the pool. Pool/play area was recently remodeled and very kid friendly. It was a very nice make-over. If you are adjacent to the pool, however, it is very noisy in the morning with lots of activity.
The "tower" is the newer part of the hotel and features paper thin walls and an almost quarter of a mile walk back to the lobby. I always get two room keys for just myself in case one doesn't work (this has happened more than once, and not only at this hotel; this is a good idea at any hotel that uses card keys). I was once awakened in the tower by my neighbor from New York(?) as she was having a very spirited phone conference from her room at 5 a.m.. The walls did little to stop her voice.
If you add on the breakfast package for $10 more you get a $20 breakfast voucher and you can order anything from the breakfast menu. This also puts the cost of the room at the same price point as the Holiday Inn Express right next door. The main differences are that the H.I. Express has thicker walls and a more basic breakfast. It is strange that the H.I. Express is more expensive...

Room Tip: Try to avoid the Tower. It is a LLLLLLLLLONG walk to the front desk and the walls are paper thin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I appreciate your helpful comments regarding our hotel. It's refreshing to see comments written in a format of actually giving advice on how to improve a stay experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We apologize that you didn't receive very good WiFi where you were initially located, but we are glad that we were able to get you to a better reception room. We are continually trying to make sure that our reception is the best in the market, but at times we have fallen short. Thanks again and we hope to see you real soon. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

There is nothing bad I can say about this hotel or staff. Everyone was extremely helpful, nice and went out of their way to make sure you were happy and accomodated. Asked for a late check out - no problem (was given until 2:00 p.m.!!!) Room was super clean. Bed & bedding were luxurious - wish I could take it home!! (and I have a sleep number bed at home) Fresh smelling, even the bedspread! Breakfast was very good. Nice pool for kids. Again, friendly, friendly employees. We were actually sad were were only in town for one night!! A+++++

ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Your kind words are very appreciated. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again real soon. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager
LaPorte, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here this weekend and we were quite unhappy with the amenities. Our stay was for a medical appointment for our son so we were at a reduced medical rate but for the amount we still paid it was overpriced for the quality and service.

The TV's satellite service went out several times while in the room which was annoying as we were left without TV for a long time. The bathroom had red & black mold underneath the safety handle. The bathroom mirror was old and the trim must have been made from fiber board which had disintegrated from being cleaned.

One of the beds was very noisy and creaked and squeaked at every little move. The coverings on the bed were thin, it would have been nice to have an extra blanket in one of the drawers in the room.

Almost every arcade game was broken already or did not work. The air hockey table didn't work properly. In the pool area they closed the children's slides down early - which we were told is standard. The pool had quite a few young swimmers that then proceeded to climb up the slides backwards and jump off into the water. At one time two kids did this and landed on my son while he was swimming in the water below. He is 6, and got a cut on his foot and scrapes on his hip. We told the pool attendants and they did nothing to stop the other kids from scaling the pirate ship.

Upon checkout I voiced my complaints and the only resolution offered was to walk all the way back through the hotel to the pool attendant and ask for a refund on the arcade games. At the point of checkout with 2 tired and cranky kids I just wanted out the door.

Also, while I appreciate the USA today papers they slip under your doors, I don't appreciate it arriving with my bill at such an early time in the morning. This woke my young daughter up which made for a grumpy child on top of an already cruddy hotel stay. Leave the papers outside the door, please.

Overall it was just really overpriced for the experience. For a higher end hotel chain it was rather lacking and disappointing.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We care about our guests and when I read something like your review it is disheartening. I want to apologize and assure you that your stay experience isn't something we strive for in a guest stay. Our goal is that our guests enjoy their stay in every facet and want to return the next time they are in town. It would be great for me if you would do me the kindness of giving me a call to discuss your stay a little more. You can reach me at 701-277-7322. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager