Holiday Inn Fargo
  • Breakfast included
US$123
US$117
US$83
Red Roof Inn Fargo(Fargo)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$76
Red Roof
US$115
US$107
  • Restaurant
US$101
US$98
Fargo Inn & Suites(Fargo)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$136
US$129
US$113
All reviewsping pongpool areapoolside roompirate themelife jacketsvideo gamesthe west acres mallwater slidesgreat for kidshot tubbirthday partyadjoining roomsbed was comfortablegreat poolwould stay againcleaning staffconference
Reviewed 13 October 2008

My seventy-five year old mother and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Fargo North Dakota for the night of Saturday, October 11th, 2008. When making our reservations online, we requested a room on the top floor, away from the elevator and the Interstate, and we received a room in the “Tower” section of the hotel on the fourth floor (out of seven) around the corner from the elevator overlooking the parking lot and the Interstate (in the distance). The tower is located far to the back from the hotel lobby, so either a long walk to your room is required, or you have to drive and try to find a parking space. There were plenty of parking spaces, but the hotel was booked solid and they were at a premium. Also, we found the room numbering system confusing, as our room number (524) was on the fourth floor?

The huge room included two queen-sized beds, each with four pillows on them, a clock radio, two regular chairs beside a round table, one office-type chair with a table/desk, two bench-type chairs, a large television with about 50+ channels and a remote, a mini-refrigerator, a small microwave, a coffeemaker, and an iron/ironing board in the closet area. We also found the doors slammed quite loudly, even if you tried to close them as quietly as possible.

The medium-sized bathroom included four sets of towels, a hairdryer, bottles of shampoo and lotion, as well as a bar of facial soap and a bar of bath soap. There was a very nice handle in the shower, that my mother was able to use to get in and out of with ease.

The hotel is within walking distance to West Acres, the largest shopping center in the region, and a wide variety of restaurants.

After taxes, the American Automobile Association rate per night for Room 524 came to $144.93 U.S. Funds. Overall, we were very comfortable in the room as it was clean, but would probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door just for convenience...

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank macmaroon
Reviewed 9 June 2008

We found this hotel to be very well run. As mentioned previously, there are a lot of rooms to be had so if you have children who go to bed early or prefer peace and quiet, it's best to ask for a part of the hotel nowhere near the pool/lobby. Our room was not pool-facing but near the door leading to it and obviously high traffic well into the night.

The pool/play area is very nice (pirate themed, a draw for us). Put one of the provided life preservers on your child before he/she goes down the slides as they dump into deeper water than the average waterpark.

The Gallery Restaurant is a great value and I recommend the Cobb if you like salads!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank cerealwife
Reviewed 1 June 2008

I was very pleased with the Holiday Inn Fargo but it is a sprawling facility with distinct areas. If you prefer a quiet room ask for "the tower". My room was excellent (room 532) and had recently been remodeled. The bed was comfortable, work desk and internet excellent and it was quiet.

Curious as to what the indoor pool / slide area was like, I walked around the hotel.....I walked down a hallway of rooms which went on and on and on and soon all I had to do was follow the screams (literally) of children to find the pool area. If this is your thing, that is fine but I just want you to be aware that there are distinct areas of the hotel.

This is an excellent Holiday Inn, at least based on the room that I had.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2008

We had a girls' weekend in Fargo, away from the kids, and the four of us stayed at the Holiday Inn. We booked the hotel on Hotwire and paid $53.00 a night. What a steal! Our room was very modern looking and clean. The beds were quite comfortable, and all the promised amentities were available. The pool was VERY kid-orientated, so we were a little disappointed that we couldn't sit in the hot tub (they only have one and it was filled with kids). If you're staying at this hotel with kids, the pool area is great. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was fantastic (costs about $8/person). There was a big blizzard in Fargo the weekend we were there, so instead of taking our cold and snowy cars everywhere, we took the hotel shuttle to the mall (across the street!), Target and some other stores. It was great! We asked the front desk for more pillows, a corkscrew and more towels and they were delivered to our room within minutes. The service was excellent. The walls are a bit thin, and we could hear the TV in the room beside us, and kids were running down the hall pretty late (midnight), but otherwise we were really impressed. I'm not sure I'd want to pay over $100/night for this hotel, but it you can get it for $53 like we did, you will be VERY satisfied!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2008

I stayed here twice, a year apart, for a seminar. The room was well-appointed and clean. The staff were friendly. Across the highway is one of the top malls around, and across another street is a full-service grocery store for sodas and water. A shuttle service is available not only for the airport but for almost any place you want to go in the area. Hotel restaurants are usually mediocre at best and this one is not luxurious by any means but oh my! the food is wonderful! Skip the salad and go for the always wonderful soup. I tried 5 main courses during my stay and they were all excellant.

The pool is indoors in the middle of the hotel and is VERY loud, so book a quieter room in the tower. Also, my room was rarely made up before 4:00 which was annoying, and no extra blanket was in the room. Weekends are busy with lots of parties around the pool. No smoking in the restaurant and most of the hotel but smoking is allowed in the bar.

My stay was much better than most of the so-called "luxury" hotels I've stayed at in the past. I will happily stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business