“Great staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Got into town late, had a slight misunderstanding with our reservation, ( not their fault, totally ours) the staff was so kind and understanding, helpful and cheerful! Thank goodness they were able to work things out. We had a comfortable clean room and booked our stay for the return trip through town. Thank you!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 November 2013

2 female cousins in our 40's on a shopping trip during Nov 2013. No problems at all - hotel was very clean. Rooms maybe a wee bit dated but very clean - beds were VERY nice. Walking distance to the West Acres mall & several restaurants. Breakfast was included and plentiful. Wifi is included and available in the rooms - not just the common areas like some hotels. We didn't make use of the gym or the pool area. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Good place to stay. I've stayed both in the Holiday Inn next door and this hotel and this hotel is much newer and has much bigger bathrooms. Also, free breakfast here which the Holiday Inn does not have. The only downside is the fitness center is shared with the Holiday Inn next door and you have to walk over there, but it's no big deal as the walk is probably 50 yards.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Ford64,

Thank you so much for taking time out to leave us a review. Our aim is to provide all of our guests a unique stay and great customer service. I apologize if you found the location of the fitness center less than satisfactory. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, we appreciate your feedback. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Was disappointed with the front desk staff. I am a priority member and was treated like a robot. Not even a welcome just what do you want? I told her I had a reservation she gave me my keys...Nothing else very cold and unkind. Most Holiday inn Expresses have given me some sort of welcome gift as being a priority club member this hotel does not do that. Our room was on the corner so I was hoping for so Peace and quiet. but nope noise neighbors....The room was nice, yet it had some really bad WATER Damage on the ceiling and the smell of mold was not pleasant. The Bathroom was SUPER CLEAN and the bed was AMAZING!!! No mini fridge of microwave that was disappointing for the price they charge per room. But overall if it was not for the bed I would have really been disappointed. Not sure I will stay here again, I like good customer service and sure did not get it here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Eleckie,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member. I am happy that you found our rooms to be nice and the bed suited your expectations. However, please accept my apology for the shortcomings experienced in the service of our reception staff. Your comments are noted and will be discussed with them accordingly to ensure instances like this do not happen again in the future.

I sincerely hope the next time you are in the area, you give our hotel another try.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stopped over on our trip back from duck hunting in Canada. Nice hotel, clean, quiet and well maintained. Warm and friendly staff even though they would not discount the room by much. We definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Fargo who is looking for a very nice select service property.

Room Tip: Close to several good restaurants (not walking distance though).
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed here many times and have always considered it sort of the "model" for the best of Holiday Inn Express. Great location by West Acres and lots of restaurants. Spotlessly clean rooms and public areas. Friendly staff. It can be a bit pricier than some area hotels but IMHO you get what you pay for. Pony up and click the button :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Overall I liked this hotel. It had decent sized rooms with very comfortable beds. A/C worked great and the filter was clean. The bathroom was a nice size and had everything we needed. In my opinion Holiday Inn Express are overpriced across the board. I stay in Best Western Plus normally or Microtel and both are as nice or nicer and usually considerably cheaper. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was the lobby. The breakfast buffet is in the lobby right by the doors where people are trying to checkout. I found it a pain to checkout and push through all the people blocking the doors. Really bad design. I would consider staying in a Holiday Inn Express again but nothing really blew my mind to merit spending the extra money. I don't think it would be my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2013