“A good choice, but there are better”

Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed a couple nights with my kids at this location. I found it to be very clean and well staffed. I had a room above the lobby/pool area and found it to be quite humid/stuffy in my room which was slightly uncomfortable.
The beds were new and comfortable, bathroom was super clean. Major drawback for the price point of this hotel to not have a fridge and microwave in the room. Ive had hotels half this price that included those features plus all the other extras like pool,hottub,wifi,breakfast.
This hotel did have a deluxe breakfast for those who like eggs or biscuits bacon...for me I dont eat that stuff so it doesnt matter. I like toast and fruits :) They had a very big selection of breakfast items and plenty of room and seating. I would say this is a plus. Other than that I dont think it was worth the price for everything else when like Ive said, other hotels were just as good for much less. So...I leave the choice to you. I cant complain about anything at this hotel, Overall I would say it was very good.

Room Tip: I recommend not staying on the second floor above the pool or lobby area... otherwise Im sure any ro...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear smellbell,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. It is lovely to hear your kind words regarding our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Easy to find off of Interstate; great staff, very helpful. Can't beat location, walking distance to West Acres and a movie theatre. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Elevator was very slow and if we hadn't been on 4th floor we probably would have took the stairs a few times. Pool and hot tub well maintained and not too busy. Will definitely consider returning again.

Room Tip: Definitely want the 4th floor on north side for a quiet room. But, elevators are a wee bit tardy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

There are no small refrigerators in the rooms. Any other Holiday Inn express I have stayed in has a small fridge. I had medicine that had to be refrigerated. I never expected that this holiday inn express wound not have one in the room. I travel throughout the country and this is the first Holiday Inn express that does not have a small work out room. I was told I could walk across the parking lot to the Large Holiday Inn if I wanted to work out. I'm in ND and it's below zero. The price did not not reflect the lack of a amenities it is lacking. It seems to me that they could no longer build onto the original Holiday in so built this.

Room Tip: They don't have a restaurant or room services. The last 2 questions skew your review results.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear gkrein,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I found this property to be very accomodating to my needs when I travel on business...after being greeted with a smile and warm welcome, I found the rooms to be very, very clean, warm, and comfortable...very conveniently located to movie theaters, restaurants, and shopping, I enjoy staying here...it is also very quiet with a swimming pool and hot tub to enjoy

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter in the morning
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed here for just one night on our long drive out west. The check in and check out process was very fast. The room was very clean and comfortable. Very comfortable beds and pillows. The breakfast had ample options for our family. The only complaint I had was how warm they keep their facility. We had to turn the heat off in the room and open a window when we first arrived as it was so warm. We noticed the one heating element in the breakfast area was set at 80 degrees. That was quite warm for us (I keep my heat set at 67 degress)! I understand it gets very cold in ND, so maybe the locals like it that warm inside.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Got into town late, had a slight misunderstanding with our reservation, ( not their fault, totally ours) the staff was so kind and understanding, helpful and cheerful! Thank goodness they were able to work things out. We had a comfortable clean room and booked our stay for the return trip through town. Thank you!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

2 female cousins in our 40's on a shopping trip during Nov 2013. No problems at all - hotel was very clean. Rooms maybe a wee bit dated but very clean - beds were VERY nice. Walking distance to the West Acres mall & several restaurants. Breakfast was included and plentiful. Wifi is included and available in the rooms - not just the common areas like some hotels. We didn't make use of the gym or the pool area. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends