“An O.K. stay, but nothing special”

Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 30 September 2008

When I walked into the hotel, I immediately noticed the soiled carpets near the lobby. I figure that the public areas of a hotel can tell you a lot about the condition of their rooms. I was about ready to walk out when I met a couple who said the rooms were decent. Since I didn't feel like checking out other hotels, I decided to take a room.

The couple was right. The room was decent and clean, if somewhat dated and worn.

I mentioned to the desk clerk that the Holiday Inn Express that I had stayed in the previous night had large LCD T.V.'s. The clerk said that the hotel would be getting them soon. I suspect that this hotel is scheduled for renovation soon.

I noticed that there was an unusual amount of flex in the floor of my room. I could hear the person above me walking around and I don't think he was particularly heavy footed. Other than that, the hotel was quiet. It is located away from any major roadway.

Breakfast the next morning was about average. The breakfast area was crowded and the staff didn't open an adjoining dining area until people were milling around looking for places to sit. Otherwise, the staff was friendly and helpful.

All-in-all, the stay was acceptable, if not exceptional.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres

Reviewed 7 April 2008

My wife and I stayed there on a Thursday and Friday. As part of their priority club rewards, we had enough points for one free night. Booking the room, we had to create two seperate reservations, one with points, and the other with our credit card.

Upon arrival, the clerk noted that we were there for a one night stay. After a brief discussion she realized we had two, one night reservations, due to the priority club rewards booking. She ensured me I would not need to check out in the morning and re-check into my room. more on this later.

We went up to our room, and the single king room was nicely furnished. Both firm and soft pillows for the both of us, plush, comfy bedding. Then we went into the bathroom, which had an empty box of kleenex, there was hair all over the floor. I attempted to turn on the lamp on the night stand and the bulb was burned out. We used the styrofoam cups they give you in the room for some drinks the first night and threw them away. when we returned to the room the second day they did not replace the cups, although they had replenished the kleenex.

Back to the two reservations story, we went down to get our free breakfast in the morning and as I waited in line I decided to double check with the clerk at the desk that our room would be cleaned because of the two one night reservations - and she looked us up and sure enough the lady the previous night hadn't done a thing. The morning clerk even said "they normally put notes on the account for stuff like this."

The breakfast is okay - if you're craving Perkins, Denny's etc this isn't your thin g- but if you're feeding a kid or two, or you just need to get a quick bite on your way out this is perfect.

I expect this type of stuff on a $50-$60/night rooms, but not for $105 (what I paid for the night I had to buy a room).

If the housekeeping were up to par, I would have given this a 4-5 star review.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2007

Stayed 3 nights for a work related trip. Hotel was very clean. Public areas as well as the room. Housekeeping did a good job keeping my "home" clean. Breakfast was fine to start the day and staff was very friendly. Would stay here again. Great location too. Plenty of eating choices within a mile and a mall across the street.The Holiday Inn next door looked real nice also.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank igotgas
Reviewed 20 August 2007

The Holiday Inn Express in Fargo is conveniently located close to Interstate 29 and 94, as well as the major shopping area of Fargo.
We had booked for one night on August 18, 2007. Check in was efficient and fast and very friendly. The room was exactly what we requested in our booking, and spotlessly clean.
The beds were comfortable. The wireless internet access was reasonably fast.
The only negative we discovered was the breakfast in the morning.
The selection was very limited. One working toaster, and limited seating for the number of guests.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2007

The Holiday Inn Express in Fargo is adjacent to the Holiday Inn in the shopping district. It is quite clean and well-maintained, with ample parking and easy access. The rooms are roomy, comfortable and come with the standard array of amenities expected at this price point. As is standard at Holiday Inn Expresses, a continental breakfast is included and contains enough variety to please nearly anyone.

It's not hard to find hotels in the area that will charge you less for a night, but if you're looking for a few extra touches then the Holiday Inn Express is not a bad way to go.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2007

Decided to lay up in Fargo due to bad weather. No problem getting a room at the last minute.

Very friendly staff. Standard room was large and comfortable. Could have used a small fridge. Also, the heating/cooling unit in the room was loud and inconsistent.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the location is perfect for shopping.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2007

We just experienced a great hotel this weekend. We stayed in a King size suite with a 2 person jacuzzi and it was amazing! From the friendly check-in, to the wonderful Continental breakfast and fast, courteous check out, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We also noticed the great pool area.

Stayed: January 2007