“perfectly fine”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 22 August 2009

The hotel is a typical fairfield property. Nothing exciting, nothing bad. Right off the highway, and only about 10 minutes drive to downtown. If you can get it for under $100, it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 August 2009

Rooms were small and the bathroom wasn't clean. There's a small pool that looks good for kids, we were put in a room on the main floor and could hear and smell the pool the whole time. There is an adult-only pool hour at 10pm-11pm which is nice. No gym though. The continental breakfast was the worst, no fruit, it consisted of waffles and donuts, the only yogurt was "Trix" yogurt which is neon colored and they didn't refresh the coffee fast enough to actually get a cup.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
FargoFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2009

I would like to thank you all for the feedback on our hotel. We value all feedback from our guests and utilize it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests. We are always open to suggestions as we continuously look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences at our hotel. We desire to address any situation immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in Fargo.

Reviewed 21 July 2009

We stayed here one night using 7,500 Marriott Rewards Points. We were in town for a wedding.

Check in was a bit slow. There was only one woman running the desk and the phone was also ringing all the time. But, once we got to our turn to check in, it went very smoothly.

Room was good. Nothing special, but better than I thought it was going to be. We had a 2 Queen room up on the 3rd floor. The bathroom was nice and big. Bed was comfortable. TV was a flat screen. We did not make it down to the pool. My husband brought me a waffle from the breakfast in the morning.

The hotel is in a great location - close to both 29 and 94 and to West Acres.

Would we stay here again? Hmm.... We did stay at the Courtyard in Moorhead a week after this stay and found that we did like them better. But, they are also a bit more spendy. If you can afford it, stay at the Courtyard in Moorhead. Otherwise, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2009

Very clean! Friendly staff. Nice rooms and decent breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2009

The only reason I stayed here was the close proximity to Cinema 10. I was at the movie theater to see Anna Netrebko sing Lucia. There is a Comfort Inn across the street and closer to the Cinema and it has a pool. I forgot my swimming suit so I had to walk to Target to get one. The pool was not the largest swimming hole, but big enough for ki ds who were not doing laps. I know it was not olympic size. The hot tub could have also been larger. I could not see a bathroom. The room itself was poorly laid out. You had a good chance of running into an easy chair when exiting the left side of the bed. One of the lamps I could not turn on and I did not ask for help because I should not have to. The window had no curtains that you could close. I like the flat screen TV and the radio. The radio did not turn on in the morning like many do in other hotels. There was a ergonomic desk chair and a nice desk with no drawer. The soap was encased in plastic that I had to bite to get off. There was a girl's hockey tournament and some of the more wild girls were staying at the Fairfield Inn. I was able to hear them from inside my room. They did not keep me from falling asleep because by that time they were tired out. The breakfast was done in the lobby like an afterthought. They added the breakfast room to the lobby. Almost everything in this hotel was not designed and planned very well. I would stay there again, but next time I attend the opera I will be at the Comfort Inn. Another example of poor planning is the lack of a restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2008

Nothing exciting but clean and comfortable beds for a family of three. Breakfast which is included was standard for these types of hotels. No restaurant.
We went into downtown Fargo (the Fairfield is on the interstate) for dinner at the Donaldson Hotel which at least in their restaurant was overly ambitious.
Nothing exciting but predictable, safe and clean

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 August 2008

Stayed at this property earlier this month (Aug 08) and found it to be quite clean, comfortable and decent for the price. As with all Fairfields, this is not a luxury hotel but more of an "upscale" (for lack of a better word) motel with a nice little free continental breakfast in the morning. There is an indoor pool and whirlpool but no exercise room (at least not one I could find). The hotel is conveniently located near the West Acres Mall, near a McDonald's and other restaurants. If you're a walker like me, the Mall is less than 10 minutes away and there is a movie cineplex right across the street from the hotel. Free wi-fi is also a plus for business travelers but there is no airport transportation unlike some other hotels nearby. Rooms are clean and comfortable and there is a 42" LCD tv in the room.

Prices are quite high in Fargo for a room considering the size and number of properties, but the Fairfield Inn gets my vote for good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)