“An excellent $50 potato!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fargo, North Dakota
“An excellent $50 potato!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I are long time Fargoans and the Cork was our 1st date restaurant 15 years ago. As we were thinking to celebrate a new adventure in our marriage (getting some livestock), we naturally thought to celebrate over a meal at the Cork. MISTAKE! For being a landlocked lady, I should know better than to order scallops, but in the delicious description...jumbo and pan-seared... I was lured in an instant! WRONG-O! So disappointing...the scallops (if one could even call them that) were tough, NOT pan-seared, tiny, and still had their feet, GROSS! (Do I know my scallops or what!). GASP! The scallops were BREADED!!! What in the wide, wide world of sports had been done to those dear little darlings!?!

I could go on but I think I will just stop after these next two comments: 1) Lady servers/waitresses, get your tresses secured up in a bun...and 2) speaking of buns, get your sourdough booties into some proper fitting shorts/pants.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Bea S

Fargo
“Very good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I like to go here for a relaxing night out. Food is very good, service good, and really like the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank JSJPII
Merrillville, Indiana
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Read the previous reviews and wasn't sure if we should stop but we did. Everything was amazing. My husband had the 14ounce filet and I had the prime rib which both were very good. Excellent salad bar. Warm and cozy atmosphere. Wonderful staff! Will defanged go back!

• Visited November 2013
North Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This used to be the place to go on special occasions in Fargo. I recently tried it again and was extremely disappointed. We made reservations many days in advance for our anniversary. We were given a little table in the entry way, not even in the dining room. It took 20 min just to get water. Apparently our waitress was unable to carry glasses as all she kept saying when we asked for it was that she would send out our cocktail waitress who never came. We ordered prime rib and the waitress asked both of us how we wanted it then proceeded to tell each of us that it was medium rare. When the food finally came, it was well-passed well done and unedible. Don't waste your money here. There are many many better places in Fargo now.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank 960anonymous
Fargo, ND
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

For a recent meal, we (4 people) sat on the patio, which is quite pleasant. The interior of the restaurant is so dark that it is not a place we would want to be, especially on a nice summer evening. The meals were, unfortunately, roundly disappointing. One person asked the server how the couscous (a side option) was served and was told by the server that it might be a bit spicy because it was cooked with chicken broth (really, as if chicken broth was a spice). Our friend ordered the couscous, hoping it really was spicy, but was served a baked potato instead. When the server was informed, she brought the couscous and said keep the potato, which was an appropriate move. However, the couscous was inedible. Each of us tasted it in turn, saying how bad it was – you always wonder, could it be that bad and you taste it, too. Not only was it totally bland and dry, but it tasted off. We agree it tasted like something that had been in a plastic bag too long – almost a rancid quality. Could have been bad chicken stock, I suppose, or both things bad. We informed the server who said “oh, I’ll tell them inside.” We strongly suggested that she have the manager taste the couscous, but I doubt that happened. Two others in our group ordered steaks, though different types. One was ordered medium-well (a travesty to start with) but it came extra well done – too dry and tough to eat. The other person ordered medium and got her steak medium-rare. I had the pork ribs which were tough, dry, and over-cooked. The flavor was OK given the BBQ sauce, but without the sauce the meat was too dry. If you are looking for tender, fall-off-bone ribs, this is NOT the place to go. The salad bar is pretty good, and that is the best thing I can say about the place. The Cork and Cleaver has been in Fargo as long as I can remember and we used to go there periodically. We had not been there in quite a while, however, and we were disappointed in the fall-off in quality.

• Visited September 2013